aberdeen-music

Random Musical Facts

Stephen

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Minds Weapon debut EP is out now in ONE UP price 4.99.... Just kidding :D

Glenn Danzig made more money from Metallica's covers of Misfit songs on "Garage Inc" than anything from his musical career. He got 10 cents for each song on each album sold.

-3 Misfits songs on Garage Inc (Die, Die My Darling/Last Caress/Green Hell)

-Garage Inc sold over 4 million copies

-10cents x 3 = 30cents per copy sold. 4 million times 30cents = $1.2million

I wish Metallica covered my songs...

As much as I hate to admit it.

Nick Rhodes (Duran Duran) is actually shit at synths.... none of his stuff is ever live and always has to be re-done an obscene quantity of times.

I know the engineer who worked on their last album.

I have bad habit of knowing really random things about music. Just wondering what random msuic facts you guys on here know. Ill get ball rolling

billy from good charlotte played guitar on parts of biohazards 1992 self titled album o_O

how did that one come about?anymore details on it?

Manowar are the TRUE KINGS OF METAL !!!!!!!!

but of course im sure you all know that

oh aye! "Thor god of thunder let me die with a sword in my hand" <<<awsome!

Kerry King played in Megadeth for a short stint

Devin Townsend once knocked Metallica off the number 1 spot in Japan

Corey from Slipknot spent around a year homeless as did Dino Cazeres (EX Fear Factory)

Barney, the singer from Napalm Death doesnt drink alcohol

Pete Steele from Type O Negative tried to kill himself in a car after his girlfriend dumped him.

some chart facts......

Led Zeppelin never released a single in the UK

Ride's 'Leave Them All Behind' was the first ever new entry into the top ten to drop out the top 75 after three weeks, it beat the previous record set by Morrissey whose 'Interesting drug' single dropped out the top 75 after being a new entry in the top 10 after four weeks. spookily both singles entered at number 9.

the last two previously unreleased kate bush songs (a cover of rocket man and rubberband girl) both reached number 12

in december 1986 anthony hopkins (yes he of silence of the lambs fame) released a single 'distant star' which spent one week in the charts at number 75

Switzerland won the first eurovision song contest in 1956 with the long forgotten classic 'Refrain' by Lys Assia

Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson holds the record for being the song that took the longest amount of time to reach number one from its initial release, some 29 years and 42 days (15/11/57 - 27/12/86)

Guest scott cs.

Steven Tyler from Aerosmith did backing vocals on the Lit track 'Over My Head' which appeared on the album 'Atomic' and the 'Titan AE' soundtrack.

if you listen really carefully you can just about hear him on the chorus.

The song with the longest title is 'Im a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin Those Beat-o' date=' Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues' written by Hoagy Carmichael in 1943. He later claimed the song title ended with "Yank" and the rest was a joke. :up:[/quote']

I think you'll find this is longer:

Bal Sagoth have a song called:

"The Dark Leige of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Enscorcelled Shrine of A Zura K'ai (The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon Of The Hypoborean Empire Part II)

117 Vs 143, I make it.

Guest RockMonkey

I thought Johnny Marr chose his name because in french J'en ai marre (sp) means "I've had enough"

All these years of wrongness. Thank god i've never said it out loud.

oops.