aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music Fantasy Football League

Lemonade

Whats a wildcard? My free transfer?

I've finally got a decent team in. If only I'd had it from the start.... Since I'm second off bottom, the only way is up from now on! :up:

It's definitely looking a lot better than it did at the start for you ryan! Although I think you are still gonna have problems with your defense as well as a number of your players not being regular first team-ers which means they definitely can't score as well as their value decreasing.

It's amazing how much a decent defense will score you in the long run. And the good defenders are half the price of the glamourous strikers!

• 2 weeks later...
My mistake was spunking all my money on a defence and midfield from the "Big 4" then having to have Darren Bent, Robbie Keane and Carlos Tevez up front, and David James in goal.
Keane, Tevez and Bent is a great strike force.

I'd stick with Bent for a few more games - Sunderland have a few easy matches coming up and Bent scores goals in spells so he's due a few. I would know being a massive Spurs fan and having to suffer him net 2 in back to back games and then do Sweet FA for the nest 3. Keane has had a decent enough start with a couple of assists and a goal. If I were you I'd swap Tevez for someone super cheap and then you could turn keane or bent into a Rooney or Drogba.

I should start listening to you. :laughing:

Still, 57 points again this week, that's a big improvement on what I was doing at the start.

I should start listening to you. :laughing:

Still, 57 points again this week, that's a big improvement on what I was doing at the start.

Man... Keane, Bent and Tevez last week would have taken you to winsville via Lots-of-points central.

I'm still clear top by quite a way in the normal league...but quite a few of my guys have some tough fixtures coming up soon.

I had a mare this week... Although my fucking subs scored 24 points! I had Bent, Cattermole and Zayatte all on the bench. Gutted.

I was also SO close to subbing lampard out for Fabregas a(nd making him captain) this week, but I thought "no, give fat frank one last chance". Useless son of a bitch. Whereas Fabregas scores infinity billion points.

I just realised I still have Khizansvhilli (not even going to attempt to spell that properly) in my back 4. Probably not going to win me many points, since he's on loan at Newcastle. Pretty poor week for me like, 39 points, though I am slowly clawing my way up the league. Managed to eke out a win over Sporting Lesbian, whoever that is.

I was also SO close to subbing lampard out for Fabregas a(nd making him captain) this week, but I thought "no, give fat frank one last chance". Useless son of a bitch. Whereas Fabregas scores infinity billion points.

I thought that but then talked myself into committing to the change. I am very pleased that I did. Got me up to 56 points for the week with Richard Dunne and Shaun Wright-Phillips still to play tonight.

39 points isn't a terrible this week, the only team to keep a clean sheet was Chelsea so there weren't a lot of points out there for defenders/keepers meaning average scores were lower than usual for teams without Fabregas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

Due to being without the internet for 9 weeks, I got off to a poor start. I'm slowly climbing the table, though.

As with every season, every time I transfer a player out he automatically scores double figures the following week.

Cunts.

Due to being without the internet for 9 weeks, I got off to a poor start. I'm slowly climbing the table, though.

As with every season, every time I transfer a player out he automatically scores double figures the following week.

Cunts.

Mate, it's always the way it goes. I'm the other way round though - I plan on making a transfer in a week's time, but then that week they have a blinder. Happened with both Fabregas and James Collins over the last couple of weeks.

Still, I have had a decent season so can't complain to much. And even better is that Spurs keep doing the business which keeps me a very happy bunny

Guest Gladstone

Punted a team in. Spent about 10 minutes throwing players together, based on current form. I'll probably forget to ever update it, so let's see how many points I amass...

Tried to join the head to head league, as I would have more chance of getting anywhere in there given I'm so late in joining, but alas, no new entries allowed...