aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music Fantasy Football League

Lemonade

My mistake was spunking all my money on a defence and midfield from the "Big 4" then having to have Darren Bent, Robbie Keane and Carlos Tevez up front, and David James in goal.

Keane, Tevez and Bent is a great strike force.

I'd stick with Bent for a few more games - Sunderland have a few easy matches coming up and Bent scores goals in spells so he's due a few. I would know being a massive Spurs fan and having to suffer him net 2 in back to back games and then do Sweet FA for the nest 3. Keane has had a decent enough start with a couple of assists and a goal. If I were you I'd swap Tevez for someone super cheap and then you could turn keane or bent into a Rooney or Drogba.

James was your biggest mistake, because although a good shot stopper - he plays for Pompey who are totally screwed this season. The cheap keepers are doing great so far though: Jensen has been outstanding, Hart is doing alright, and Sorensen has the most points out of everyone. He was my keeper from the start due to Stoke's awesome defensive home record. If you wanted a slightly more expensive option then Given is always worth a go, especially now he plays for Citeh who are looking well soild. Unfortunately.

Regarding players from the big 4, it's always risky to go with Man U midfielders like Nani, Giggs and Carrick as they get rotated so much. Liverpool's defense has been pretty leaky this year (though Glen Johnson has been awesome).

If you're gonna pick big 4 players, you need to splash out on the big guns.

Gah, Sorensen's form has been driving me mad, he's my sub and although Cech is fantastic for easy 6 points (the way Chelsea are playing this season, it'll be solid 1-0 wins the whole way), he's not racking them up in the way that Sorensen is doing.

Rooney as captain seems to be a sensible choice this season though, Man Utd are heavily relying on him (at least at the moment) to score goals and with him as captain, he's good for 12+ points a game.

Just need to ditch Carrick and Carragher (though Liverpool's dodgy form will surely improve, so thinking twice there...) and get some reliable point scorers in and I'm set.

Gah, Sorensen's form has been driving me mad, he's my sub and although Cech is fantastic for easy 6 points (the way Chelsea are playing this season, it'll be solid 1-0 wins the whole way), he's not racking them up in the way that Sorensen is doing.

Rooney as captain seems to be a sensible choice this season though, Man Utd are heavily relying on him (at least at the moment) to score goals and with him as captain, he's good for 12+ points a game.

Just need to ditch Carrick and Carragher (though Liverpool's dodgy form will surely improve, so thinking twice there...) and get some reliable point scorers in and I'm set.

sorensen was my no.1 then i swapped him for foster....error!

Keane, Tevez and Bent is a great strike force.

I'd stick with Bent for a few more games - Sunderland have a few easy matches coming up and Bent scores goals in spells so he's due a few. I would know being a massive Spurs fan and having to suffer him net 2 in back to back games and then do Sweet FA for the nest 3. Keane has had a decent enough start with a couple of assists and a goal. If I were you I'd swap Tevez for someone super cheap and then you could turn keane or bent into a Rooney or Drogba.

James was your biggest mistake, because although a good shot stopper - he plays for Pompey who are totally screwed this season. The cheap keepers are doing great so far though: Jensen has been outstanding, Hart is doing alright, and Sorensen has the most points out of everyone. He was my keeper from the start due to Stoke's awesome defensive home record. If you wanted a slightly more expensive option then Given is always worth a go, especially now he plays for Citeh who are looking well soild. Unfortunately.

Regarding players from the big 4, it's always risky to go with Man U midfielders like Nani, Giggs and Carrick as they get rotated so much. Liverpool's defense has been pretty leaky this year (though Glen Johnson has been awesome).

If you're gonna pick big 4 players, you need to splash out on the big guns.

I have yourself in a tasty top of the table clash after the internationals! :up:

I think i've actually took more interest in my fantasy football team than the Dons this season!!

Right, time to drag myself up the league and out of 21st place!

My new look team:

GK: Green WH

DF: Evra MU

DF: Gallas AR

DF: Belletti CH

DF: A Cole CH

MF: Walcott AR

MF: Nani MU

MF: Cahill © EV

AT: Tevez MC

AT: Crouch TO

AT: Saha EV

SU: Jaaskelainen BO

SU: Gamst Pedersen BL

SU: Woodgate TO

SU: Quashie WH

Swapped James for Green, and Bent for Saha last week.

Swapped Keane for Crouch, and Agger for Belletti this week (not a great swap but I'm short of cash, Agger is injured and Belleti may not score many points but being in Chelsea's defence, he probably won't lose many either)

I've used all my transfers but I'm getting shot of Tevez next week cos he isn't playing.

How the fuck I've managed to get 6 points in the head to head league I've no idea, after the start I've had. Got beat by Farcelona this week.

GK: Given

DF: Bassong

DF: Evra

DF: Cahill

DF: Hangeland

MF: Arshavin

MF: N'Zogbia

MF: Barry

MF: Young

ST: Torres

ST: Defore

Bench: Hart, Turner, Cattermole, Zamora.

Mid-table obscurity ahoy! I should probably replace Gary Cahill (I picked him because he's a decent player, without realising that Bolton concede fuckloads) and Charlie Zog (Wigan are pish), but I'm sure it's a team that'll pick up a semi-decent amount of points as the season goes on.

I want Zhirkov in defence when he's fit. Should get shitloads of points.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Shaun Wright Phillips on the bench for this week because I forgot to sort out my starting team before the deadline on Saturday. The guy he would have replaced got 1 point so that's 9 points down the drain... That would have put me in 8th, as it stands I'm 11th so I'm not out of it yet.

Finally got my first win in the head to head league after a couple of narrow defeats puts me 11th out of 14 in that'un.

I've finally taken all the "big four" players out of my defence where they were scoring no points, and put Drogba and Torres up front, and Lampard in midfield. Of course now all my defence is from Wolves and Hull City.

You may regret the decision to take out Gallas. Waste of 4 points and he'll score well soon, as he has some very easy games coming up rather than man u and man c who they have just played and have great fire-power up front.