aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music Fantasy Football League

Lemonade

Guest idol_wild

It's also worth noting that it's not necessarily the goalkeepers who keep the most clean sheets that earn the most points tallies. Goalkeepers get extra points for accumulated saves per match and star performances. Last season Jaaskelainen went through a spell as one of the top points scorers because of all the saves and star performances he put in. Brad Friedal did the same for Blackburn Rovers a couple of seasons back and Robert Green for West Ham last year. He was awesome, I thought.

It's also worth keeping an eye on the teams who score frequently from set-pieces; transfer in the players who take said set-pieces as they'll provide crucial assist points from time to time, as well as being in with a shout for a star performance bonus. Penalty takers are an obvious breed to transfer in, too.

I'm a bit foolish for sharing such tips (though I'm guessing they're obvious to pretty much all of you, but it took me about three months to learn such strategies, but then I am quite slow)...but I just want to share the wealth and hopefully maintain everyone's interest in the game, because last season people didn't really play after about a month.

Shall stick my team in......fook the strikers, i tended to play a 4-5-1 last season.

I believe the secret is getting a back 4 with the less expensive defenders that play for teams that don't concede much (Fulham, Everton) then packing your midfield with goal scoring midfielders.

Defenders get points for clean sheets then you've the added bonus if they score known again / assists...midfielders get points for clean sheets / assists / goals while strikers only get 4 points for a goal and lets face it a strikers delighted if he gets one a game.

My team this season is

Schwarzer

Hibbert Hangeland Woodgate Luke Young

Lampard Gerrard © Alonso Delap Walcott

Owen

I've probably now jinxed myself with everything i've said!!

The head-to-head league that turns into a cup at the end - I currently have it set so the top 8 go into a playoff cup, but I can alter it so it's the top 4 or even the top 2.

8 might be a bit much since there are only 13 teams in it, so I'm proposing making it the top 4 go into the playoffs.

Yay / Nay?

• 2 weeks later...
well, SOMETIMES, i'll grant you, yes... but often at 4 in the morning too.

i did noticed i'd humped the cleveland steamers tho

:D

haha true! But only because I made the ridiculous error of spending extra points swapping rooney + a midfielder for Arshavin + a striker. It cost me 8 points making extra transfers and 22 net points as Rooney was my captain but I changed it to Arshavin.

Stupid fucking Arsenal cuntyballs.