aberdeen-music

Soul Fans

FatHand

Guest Giles Walker
Contribute then if you like Giles. You're welcome to.

Thanks dude.

Soul Strut forum

This will be way over the heads of most of the "i think average white band, wild cherry and labelle are amazing funk acts" kinda funk fans. It gets nerdy.

Also home to the best smilies/gifs on any forum.

Keb Darge is commonly regarded as the world's biggest funk collector, so his compilations are a wicked place to hear some decent tunes.

He's also from Elgin, weirdly.

I don't wanna give up any more info cos i am an elitist cunt.

Thanks dude.

Soul Strut forum

This will be way over the heads of most of the "i think average white band, wild cherry and labelle are amazing funk acts" kinda funk fans. It gets nerdy.

Also home to the best smilies/gifs on any forum.

Keb Darge is commonly regarded as the world's biggest funk collector, so his compilations are a wicked place to hear some decent tunes.

He's also from Elgin, weirdly.

I don't wanna give up any more info cos i am an elitist cunt.

Good post, cheers Giles.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

check out Melting Pot from the netherlands...putting out lots of soul/funk/hip hop stuff. Lefties Soul Connection are their big export I think. I picked up a couple of cool records in Berlin that are obscure 'first time reissues'

Grupo Africa / Black Pepper - Kila Kila / You Keep Running Out Of Gas (7", RE) at Discogs

Mombasa University Band / N'Ghare Hi Power Band - Take One / Campus Rock (7", Ltd) at Discogs

along with this nice 7"

cold-game-7.jpg

it has actually surprised me recently how much nice funk/soul is still being released to this day with that classic sound...and there are always great breaks to be found and slapped on the 2000XL ;)