aberdeen-music

FOR SALE: Ampeg SVT-4 pro

John.

I am selling this because I have lined up the purchase of an Ampeg SVT-2 pro.

It is in near perfect condition apart from some slight damage to one of the handles, but that obviously doesn't affect it's sound.

I have used it for gigging over the last year or so, but have kept it in tip-top condition and is essentially in the same condition I bought it in.

I am looking for 650-700 for it ideally, but open to realistic offers.

SVT-4PRO_LG.jpg

RMS Power Output: 300-Watts x 2/900 (mono-bridged @ 8 Ohms)

RMS Power Output: 490-Watts x 2/1200 (mono-bridged @ 4 Ohms)

RMS Power Output (2 Ohms): 600-Watts x 2

Preamp: Tubes (3 x 12AX7)

Power Amp: Solid State

Tone Controls: 3-Band

Mid Tone Control: 5-Position

Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band

Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes

Balanced Line Out: Yes x 2 Pre/Post with Level

Effects Loop: Yes x 2

Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes x 2

Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 5.6 x 15.5

Weight: 39.5 Pounds

"In the world of high-performance bass amps, Ampegs SVT amplifiers are in a class by themselves. In true Ampeg tradition, the SVT-4 PRO offers you more power, performance and flexibility than any other bass amplifier in its class.

SVT-4PRO offers an expansive palette of tonal options. The Frequency control allows you to select the center frequency for the Midrange control, giving you five distinct voicing options for the Midrange. And if thats not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to fine-tune your soundor use it to set up a footswitchable second channel with a volume boost for your bass solo.

SVT-4PRO is designed for the player who wants SVT tone and performance (with a few modern enhancements) in a convenient, high-powered, rackmount design. With a huge and diverse group of artist endorsements, including Michael Anthony (Van Halen), Tony Levin (Peter Gabriel/King Crimson), Steve Bailey (Bass Extremes), and far too many others to list here, the SVT-4PRO is a clear favorite among professionals. In the world of high performance bass amps, the Ampeg SVT-4PRO has what it takes to really define your sound."

Indeed it is!

Wanted a solid surge protector for my rig.

Especially with the amount of power the SVT-4 pro generates

are they expensive? have you got a link? The Mesa is temperamental as fuck and pretty much only runs when its straight into the wall because of the stupid amount of tubes.

• 7 months later...

Ampeg SVT4 pro

Hi John,so you are interested in selling? How much are you looking for ?Are you in Westhill? I stay in Garlogie. Let me have your phone no if you want to discuss. What are you looking to replace it with?? I have a vintage rickenbacker stereo bass 4001 I am selling at present,if that interests you at all .Get in touch Graeme

• 1 month later...