aberdeen-music

Funeral For A Friend @ Moshulu oct 22nd

Singles collection is gonna have 10.45 Amsterdam Conversation, This Year's Most Open Heartbreak, Juneau, Escape Artists and Daytime TV on it, so if that's the stuff that floats your boat I'd imagine they'll roll out a good few of those.

I've seen this band a lot of times over the years, whatever they play is pretty much okay by me but it's always nice to hear some oldies :up:

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I only know a few of their songs but i quite like them. When i lived with Ryan from Point of Origin he used to torture me with FFAF like every day. I didn't like them so much then. I'll try for tickets, think my bird likes them.

When i saw them in Dundee in Dec 2007 they were excellent, and played a great mix of old and new. Rarities were: this years most open heartbreak, kiss and make up, and the art of american football.

I've got the set list from that night. Crackin gig that was. Surprisingly better than the Barras show the night before :up:

When i saw them in Dundee in Dec 2007 they were excellent, and played a great mix of old and new. Rarities were: this years most open heartbreak, kiss and make up, and the art of american football.

Ha, I didn't realise these punters were still on the go or that anyone still cared about them. When I last saw them I don't think two of those songs had been released.

Anyone want to buy this "Four Ways to Scream Your Name" 2 disc bright pink 7" I just looked out?

I can't even remember what any of their songs sound like, Spotify wins.

New song "Wrench" is totally ace.

YouTube - FUNERAL for a FRIEND NEW SONG "WRENCH" "ORIGINAL"

Interesting to see that they're thinking of just releasing music in EP form for the next little while.

This Year's Most Open Heartbreak is lifted in and out of the set all the time, and has been pretty much for their whole career. I've only ever heard Kiss and Make Up live once, and that was at the Dundee show in '07. That setlist was pretty amazing. The Art of American Football is so good live too. 10.45 Amsterdam Conversations is a belter when they play it too.

The last time I saw them was Oct '08 at the ABC, and that set was good for the oldies too, even managed to drop in Novella, which made my night.

In terms of old songs/rarities i'd like to see, Moments Forever Faded, Lazarus (In The Wilderness), Storytelling or The Getaway Plan would be ace (although they've pretty much disowned The Getaway Plan, as far as I can remember!). Alvarez frolm Hours is an absolute belter that they've only ever played on one tour (as far as I can recall).

• 1 month later...