aberdeen-music

Derek Trucks Glasgow Show

FatHand

This was one of the most inspiring shows that I've been to in a long time. What a bunch of unbelievable musicians. Pretty sure that they're used to playing in very large venues in the States so feel really lucky to have seen them in ABC 2. Anybody else make it along to this?

My mate who got me the ticket was telling me Trucks was playing with the Allman Brothers at the age 13, can understand after seeing him! The whole band we amazing though. I particularly liked the keys player who could rock a mean jazz flute!

YouTube - The Derek Trucks Band - Joyful Noise

Damn, didn't know he was playing. :swearing:

Bought the Already Free album last month after seeing some great reviews and the Allman connection, although I thought it might be just guitar wank... but I was pleasantly surprised. Soulful vocals, great musicianship and songs.

Damn, didn't know he was playing. :swearing:

Bought the Already Free album last month after seeing some great reviews and the Allman connection, although I thought it might be just guitar wank... but I was pleasantly surprised. Soulful vocals, great musicianship and songs.

Yeah exactly. I'm not the biggest guitar wankery fan but this guy was amazing