1.6 RT Petrol Model

Electric Mirrors/Windows/Sunroof

Renault Megane 1999

MOT: May 2010

Tax: SORN as its not being used.

60K Miles on the clock

Just had new brakes fitted.

Sony CD/MP3 Player with AUX input.

Upgraded to a coupe and its no longer in use.

Open to Offers.

Drives perfect

Will try and get photos ASAP.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Pussy :p

nah meganes are notorius for the abs rings rotting on the on cv joints, if it has abs it would be worth checking other wise when they go the abs light says on, which is an immediate fail on a MOT,

if it doesn't have abs then it wont be a problem :)

• 2 weeks later...
nah meganes are notorius for the abs rings rotting on the on cv joints, if it has abs it would be worth checking other wise when they go the abs light says on, which is an immediate fail on a MOT,

This information is incorrect.

The ABS light staying lit will not fail an mot,tho it does however suggest there is a fault somewhere in the braking system.

A vehicle would only fail if the brake efficency is below manufactuers recommendations:up:

This information is incorrect.

The ABS light staying lit will not fail an mot,tho it does however suggest there is a fault somewhere in the braking system.

A vehicle would only fail if the brake efficency is below manufactuers recommendations:up:

But the fact they check the ABS warning light function ie it comes on at ignition then goes off when the system is checked as fuctional, means Mr Fatboy's information is not incorrect. It coming on and staying on is not normal function.

Most of the MOT Guidelines can be taken a whole host of different ways, either in the car owners favour or against. If you took the same car to 5 different test centres in Aberdeen without work done to it in between, you could get 5 different MOT results back.

But the fact they check the ABS warning light function ie it comes on at ignition then goes off when the system is checked as fuctional, means Mr Fatboy's information is not incorrect. It coming on and staying on is not normal function.

Most of the MOT Guidelines can be taken a whole host of different ways, either in the car owners favour or against. If you took the same car to 5 different test centres in Aberdeen without work done to it in between, you could get 5 different MOT results back.

Yes,i agree but no garage will instantly fail the car because the light will not go off.

Yes,i agree but no garage will instantly fail the car because the light will not go off.

it is a fail, wont be an advisory

same as if everthing in your car is fine but a number plate bulb doesnt work, thats a fail too, If this happens most garages print off the fail sheet, then replace the faulty bulb then print off the Pass sheet with no need to restest it.

UKMOT.com MOT Manual 3.4 ABS Systems look at the bottom

trust me I've worked with cars for years and done god knows how many MOT's I ken fit im on about

it is a fail, wont be an advisory

same as if everthing in your car is fine but a number plate bulb doesnt work, thats a fail too, If this happens most garages print off the fail sheet, then replace the faulty bulb then print off the Pass sheet with no need to restest it.

UKMOT.com MOT Manual 3.4 ABS Systems look at the bottom

trust me I've worked with cars for years and done god knows how many MOT's I ken fit im on about

i can appreciate you have worked with cars for years but i work in a mot testing station 7 days a week and its not a fail unless the brakes actually do not work,but wheather you believe me or not is your preference:up: