aberdeen-music

Pitch your film idea

Lemonade

The people of Aberdeen Music are a group of wealthy businessmen and women and have decided to invest in a Hollywood film. You are a film producer and you want their money. Pitch your idea to them. It can be anything from a long elaborate set-up, complete with cast, plot, and director etc, to something as simple as "Top Gun 2", or "Byker Grove - The Movie"!

Here's my pitch:

The working title is "Young At Heart". The selling point is that we cast all the comedy heroes of the 70s and 80s, the SNL regulars etc, creating a nostaglic "dream cast" and possibly resurrecting a couple of careers along the way. I'm talking Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Rick Moranis, John Goodman, Harold Ramis, Gene Wilder, Eric Idle, Eddie Murphy, Ted Danson, Martin Short, Billy Crystal etc. They play a group of old frat buddies who last saw each other when they left college in 1970, and find themselves reunited 40 years later to attend the funeral of one of their bretheren who has died. They all swore before leaving college that even if they all lost touch, no matter what happened they would all attend the funerals when one of the group died, and would have an epic party like the one they had the night before they left college for the last time. Cue much hilarity as a group of cantankerous 60 year olds set about trying to throw a raucous frat party that none of them can be arsed with, and of course they all end up having a brilliant time, rekindling old friendships, and ends on a subtle "you're only as old as you feel" message.

Personally I think it's genius.

Would you invest? And do you have a better idea to pitch?

Its called Super Slick Sexy Squirters It starts off in a bedroom wtih Cytherea in lacey underwear. She takes it off and starts rubbing herself. This goes on throughout the movie with various different other girls and male supporting actors and ends on a grand finale where all the cast are awash in a sea of female ejaculate in some penthouse sitting room with plastic over all the furniture and carpets.

Guest idol_wild
Its called Super Slick Sexy Squirters It starts off in a bedroom wtih Cytherea in lacey underwear. She takes it off and starts rubbing herself. This goes on throughout the movie with various different other girls and male supporting actors and ends on a grand finale where all the cast are awash in a sea of female ejaculate in some penthouse sitting room with plastic over all the furniture and carpets.

You asked for that, Rathen.

Here's my pitch:

The working title is "Young At Heart". The selling point is that we cast all the comedy heroes of the 70s and 80s, the SNL regulars etc, creating a nostaglic "dream cast" and possibly resurrecting a couple of careers along the way. I'm talking Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Rick Moranis, John Goodman, Harold Ramis, Gene Wilder, Eric Idle, Eddie Murphy, Ted Danson, Martin Short, Billy Crystal etc. They play a group of old frat buddies who last saw each other when they left college in 1970, and find themselves reunited 40 years later to attend the funeral of one of their bretheren who has died. They all swore before leaving college that even if they all lost touch, no matter what happened they would all attend the funerals when one of the group died, and would have an epic party like the one they had the night before they left college for the last time. Cue much hilarity as a group of cantankerous 60 year olds set about trying to throw a raucous frat party that none of them can be arsed with, and of course they all end up having a brilliant time, rekindling old friendships, and ends on a subtle "you're only as old as you feel" message.

i think that would be a great movie, id definatly invest in that if i made more than 23.70 to last me til the end of the month and if you could get that cast.

you should e-mail there agents but dont let Miramax make it coz they'll just get matt damon and that other prick

Don't you mean Super Slick Sexy Squirters II: Tsunami's Revenge?

Elwood, ace concept, but the storyline needs a bit of work. I think I could help you on it a bit. :p

Could we do a thing at the end where we see a picture of their friend on the top of the coffin? Like a little sad scene before the final big climax. We could put someone along the lines of John Belushi, John Candy or Richard Prior in the photo and make it a really touching final moment.

Would the funeral thing not be a bit too morose for an American audience?

Don't you mean Super Slick Sexy Squirters II: Tsunami's Revenge?

Elwood, ace concept, but the storyline needs a bit of work. I think I could help you on it a bit.

To be fair, I come up with th entire storyline in the time it took me to take a dump. :up: I could probably do better if I tried.

I like the Young At Heart idea. It would also be kinda good if the old time comedians were to somehow scoff at the comedy newbies at some point. You know, maybe Adam Sandler would be singing one of his wacky songs at some kind of SNL type affair, until John Goodman gets him in the headlock and rubs his knuckles on his scalp until Sandler screams.

Don't you mean Super Slick Sexy Squirters II: Teabag's Revenge?

Edit :)

A Zombie movie where the people start eating the Zombies (cause they discover the taste of chicken) and they struggle for their dead existence!

In fact why stop at Zombies....crazed humans urging for Vampire blood (ok stolen from true blood but exaggerated and crazed up) and werewolves being kept as pets

Call it something like Revenge of the Undead or somethin

They all swore before leaving college that even if they all lost touch, no matter what happened they would all attend the funerals when one of the group died, and would have an epic party like the one they had the night before they left college for the last time.

There's just something missing here. There needs to be something more. An extra complication along the road. Can't quite figure out what yet.

Here's what I'm thinking off the top of my head.

We choose a group of 4/5 of the ensemble cast. Introduce the characters and their relationship. (Old buddies, crazy antics etc). These original guys are the ones who find out about their friends death and we see their reactions to it and find out what their going to do about it. Set up the premise here.

They then take it upon themselves to find the rest of the gang and carry out his final wishes. Think of it as a mix between Road Trip and Blues Brothers. That way you could keep introducing extra members of the cast into the movie in a sort of episodic type format and get everybody to do a turn.

That'd take you to about an hour+ into the movie. The final half hour could be the party and what happens at the funeral.

There's just something missing here. There needs to be something more. An extra complication along the road. Can't quite figure out what yet.

Here's what I'm thinking off the top of my head.

We choose a group of 4/5 of the ensemble cast. Introduce the characters and their relationship. (Old buddies, crazy antics etc). These original guys are the ones who find out about their friends death and we see their reactions to it and find out what their going to do about it. Set up the premise here.

They then take it upon themselves to find the rest of the gang and carry out his final wishes. Think of it as a mix between Road Trip and Blues Brothers. That way you could keep introducing extra members of the cast into the movie in a sort of episodic type format and get everybody to do a turn.

That'd take you to about an hour+ into the movie. The final half hour could be the party and what happens at the funeral.

Good thinking Bob! I think we're on to a winner. Lets quit our jobs and start on the script immediately :up:

COMAMovie about a girl/man who is in a terrible accident and ends up in a coma.....but the twist is that the film is about what is going on inside their head whilst comatosed i.e. living freaky fucked up n scary dreams...which they can't get out of....then flashs to other dreams.....uncontrolled with the odd occasional glimpse of their family members sitting round their bed, being dragged back in but not being able to cry for help....whoooooooOOOhhhooooooo spooky ha ha

If we got that cast in place with a good script we could try and pitch the most minor support roles to modern Hollywood Stars.

Like, I dunno, we could give the part of the Priest holding the funeral ceremony to Jim Carrey. A sheriff at the local Police Station could be Will Ferrell. Mike Myers could be... a Scotsman probably. It might be only two or three line parts but it'd be so good.

At the end of the film we should break the fourth wall, demolish any pretense of reality and get everybody in to do a dance and a sing song.

Maybe we could get them to all to do a cover of Young At Heart.

"adam sandler is a guy, and he...ehh..falls in love with a girl, but it turns out she's a golden retriever."

"adam sandler is a guy who falls in love with a table"

"adam sandler is trapped on an island and he falls in love with a coconut"

I will finance all of these films.

COMAMovie about a girl/man who is in a terrible accident and ends up in a coma.....but the twist is that the film is about what is going on inside their head whilst comatosed i.e. living freaky fucked up n scary dreams...which they can't get out of....then flashs to other dreams.....uncontrolled with the odd occasional glimpse of their family members sitting round their bed, being dragged back in but not being able to cry for help....whoooooooOOOhhhooooooo spooky ha ha

Too headfucky. I will not be financing this film. However throw in Adam Sandler falling in love with an inanimate object (plus cameos from Rob Schneider, Steve Buscemi and John McEnroe) and we could reach some sort of agreement.

I will finance all of these films.

Too headfucky. I will not be financing this film. However throw in Adam Sandler falling in love with an inanimate object (plus cameos from Rob Schneider, Steve Buscemi and John McEnroe) and we could reach some sort of agreement.

ha ha the more headfucky the better :)

Could make the girl Adam sandler and have him fallin love with the drip?

Happy Birthday Will Ferrel...yip today 42

Could we make the dream world based in the 70s and make it a cop show? Name it after a David Bowie song or something.