aberdeen-music

Fast Fest, Sat 25/07/09, Feat: Active Minds(ENG), The Wankys(ENG), MAFAFI + More...

BBRX Presents - Fast Fest - Sat 25/07/09 - Feat:

100_3824.jpg

Active Minds(ENG) - Thrashy, Grindy, Hardcore Punk Legends:

Active Minds (new album out now) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Wankys(ENG) - Japanese Styled Hardcore from Bristol:

the wankys on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

MAFAFI - Perth Powerviolence/HC Crew:

MAFAFI (three new tracks up now) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

KCHGH - Tech HC, With Ex/Members of Disease, End Of Everythign and E106:

Kchgh on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Choose Your Fate - Local HC/Metal:

Choose Your Fate on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

+ Possible acoustic action from Brian Curran (Quarantine, Scatha, Disaffect, Ruin) in the chill out room between bands.

Captain Toms, Ann St Aberdeen - Doors 9pm: Prompt Start 4.00, BYOB

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely outstanding. Shame I had to miss most of AM due to early Elgin train today but enjoyed the rest of the night in more ways than one.

Didn't pay much attention to Choose Your Fate, I had a distro stall to snuffle through...

Keech were better than I thought they'd be. About 10 bands in one, and a few of them were pretty tasty...

MAFAFI were much better than I thought they'd be, full of energy and enthusiasm. BUT, "I Hate The Kids" was by SOA not Spazz. Pedantic to the last, me...

The Wankys were absolutely outstandingly outstanding. Raw, fuzzed-out '80's Japancore worship is something life can never have too much of. The singer was a top bloke as well.

Active Minds were brilliant. I don't need to have seen them to know this.

Extreme :up: