aberdeen-music

John Hartson has cancer

Lemonade

When you see the number of obese/smoking/drinking people that live until ripe old age regardless of their lifestyle, it just seems like such an injustice to see people like this being affected.

Terrible news, but if he takes on his illness in the same way that he took on defenders during his career, he's got a better than fighting chance of coming out the other side.

It's not a good sign when it spreads from a localised area though. I really don't think the poor guys prognosis will be good unfortunately. :down:

I agree. If he pulls through this you've got to worry that the cancer cells have already been spreading around his body for a while now and have probably found homes elsewhere.

It's a bit sickening really.

Guest idol_wild

Genuinely sad news. I always rated John Hartson and I will always remember that peach he scored at Anfield.

I was loving Celtic for one night only that night.

Genuinely sad news. I always rated John Hartson and I will always remember that peach he scored at Anfield.

I was loving Celtic for one night only that night.

Especially considering its importance, that was one of the best goals I've ever seen/experienced/whatever.

Really sad news, I think he said on Setanta that he was planning to do some coaching with a view to management. Now it seems he won't get to.

• 4 months later...
Guest Gladstone

:up:

Good stuff, hopefully he can get the all clear.

It's always a worry when someone's had such an aggressive form of cancer that it will come back. Fingers crossed it won't.

I fucking love Hartson. One of favourite ever Celtic players. A big lump of a player up front who had a great touch, scored for fun, rumbled the defenders up, and on very odd occasions when he could be arsed, he even had a turn of pace over about 5-10 yards!

That goal at Anfield was a beast, and so important. We would have won the UEFA Cup if Hartson hadn't been out injured.