aberdeen-music

Children Of Earth Torchwood

JaseyBoi

Anyone happen to watch this 5 part series...I thought it was pretty good if maybe a tad childish in bits.......Real shocker at the end regarding cpt jack's actions .....If you havent seen it and your a fan i's recoomend it....

I still cant get over the fact that cpt jack harkness is the face of boa lol

i was really disappointed with the last 2 episodes, typical T Davies scripts, lots of pathetic slow bits and full of mush, first three were top notch mind.

enjoyed the radio plays as well but probably cos Davies was no-where to be seen!

I think Russell did great rejuvenating Dr Who and he added some very nice, clever touches... like keeping each episode standalone while adding clues towards a finale etc.

I thought it was a good concept overall. It keept casual viewers and the boobs at the BBC happy but it was enough to add an air of progression to each series.

However, it became clear that no matter how many episodes of Buffy and Dr Who he may have watched, he really didn't seem to grasp sci-fi in a broader sense allowing both Dr Who and Torchwood to fall into formula.

To be fair, Dr Who has always suffered from this problem. Aliens try to take over world, Dr Who stops them.... yeah yeah yeah. Oh, more excitement!

Also, everyone seems either (often just implied) gay or bi in his shows which, begins to grate after a while. John Barrowman is the fucking man as the horny pansexual maniac Captain Jack Harkness (kinda like Joey from friends but without the gender discrimination) but the entire supporting cast doesn't need to do it's bit for LGBT themes as well.

When he got James Marsters in to snog John Barrowman I felt like the whole exercise was becoming a personal wankathon for Russell at the license payers expense.

Still, it's good to know that the TV license is still worth something when Russell T Davies can get a really good spaff out of it.

Finger crossed the next series of Dr Who with Moffat will have less of a desire to go into peoples sex lives as the last few seem to have. If Torchwood continues it'll have less Russel T Davies input i think as he's moviong to try and make it big in the States so that'll mean either 1. US Torchwood - which wouldnt surprise me, or less RTD in UK Torchwood.

I really enjoyed the weeks worth of episodes and i've never really been a Torchwood fan, i didnt find the last few episodes any more mushy than it had to be they almost glossed over the death of a major character and the bit with the MP and his kids was pretty strong I thought. I really liked it and feel if Torchwood is to continue this is the type of format it should take, it had some time for non Torchwood characters to actually become well rounded and fir the first time ever in Torchwood you did actually care slightly what happened to the characters, though having Jack as invincible does take some of the edge off it as you know it doesnt matter what he'll survive.

I just finished watching season 2 .. . .I watched season one a few years back and thought out of was it 12 episodes 3 were bloody brilliant and the rest were filler...I avoided season 2 for a while now as i thought it woulda been the same...I was wrong... I thoroughly enjoyed it......

The gayness in every episdoe is a tad grinding though....Its like every single person alien being wants to fuck cpt jack......PLENTY