aberdeen-music

Eddie Izzard

jester1470

I used to love Eddie Izzard but the last couple of DVD's he had out were pretty poor, especially the last one, 'Sexie', just painfully unfunny, actually tortuous to watch knowing how good he was and how tired it all seemed. However I may see if I can get tickets in the hope that he has found a return to form.

Saw him in Newcastle about 10 years ago, must have been round about the 'Glorious' time, was pretty good then, it was just unfortunate I owned the DVD's to that point and knew a lot of the material....

I used to love Eddie Izzard but the last couple of DVD's he had out were pretty poor, especially the last one, 'Sexie', just painfully unfunny, actually tortuous to watch knowing how good he was and how tired it all seemed. However I may see if I can get tickets in the hope that he has found a return to form.

Saw him in Newcastle about 10 years ago, must have been round about the 'Glorious' time, was pretty good then, it was just unfortunate I owned the DVD's to that point and knew a lot of the material....

Totally agree. I know the 'Definite Article', 'Dressed to Kill' and 'Glorious' routines inside out. Not been as big a fan of his newer material and I'm not sure whether or not to try and get a ticket. I'll be gutted if I miss it and it's ace though. If they're still available when I get paid then I might go for it.

I'm so excited about this. When the tour was first announced, I nearly bought Edinburgh tickets but couldn't afford it at the time, so told myself I'd hold out for an Aberdeen date. Never actually expected one! and I'd just been getting all depressed that I wasn't gonna get to see him until I checked my email on Friday at about 11am and found that this date had been announced and presale tickets had been onsale from 10am.

Still can't afford it, but have taken the initiative and used someone else's credit card! Woop! So, I'm going alone, gonna be in Row I, so I am led to believe...

(...Parklife!)

I never really enjoyed Sexie and Circle, but I did only watch them when they first came out, so maybe I'm due to re-watch. I remember laughing lots at Jesus and the dinosaurs, but I can't remember which of those two dvds that's on. They might not have been as good as the older stuff, but it's Eddie Izzard. I doubt there'll be much of a chance to see him again. And he's the one of the few people I'd not be ashamed to try and meet after the gig...

But yeah, all the dvds prior to those are amazing. Still make me cry with laughter.

When do these go on 'general' sale. I get paid on Monday and if there are any left I'll get tickets then.

Hate to tell you this:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon 13/07/09, 10:00

Start: Fri 10/07/09, 10:00

End: Mon 13/07/09, 09:00

from Eddie Izzard tickets Aberdeen Exhibition Centre Aberdeen, , Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Presuming the fri-mon is the presale.

• 3 months later...
Just had a quick word with him in Stonehaven about half an hour ago, sound chap.

(Didn't tell him I was going to Jim Jeffries, mind......)

:up:

Sa-weet! Did he tell you where he was running to? He's been posting pictures on his Twitter.

One of my friends is pissed off 'cos he bought tickets to see Izzard in Glasgow next week before the Aberdeen gig was announced, meaning that he's missing Stewart Lee at the Music Hall. I feel smug.

Sa-weet! Did he tell you where he was running to? He's been posting pictures on his Twitter.

One of my friends is pissed off 'cos he bought tickets to see Izzard in Glasgow next week before the Aberdeen gig was announced, meaning that he's missing Stewart Lee at the Music Hall. I feel smug.

We did that, we sold our really good tickets in Glasgow for not so good tickets in Aberdeen to save the travelling and are also going to see Stewart Lee next week.

We did that, we sold our really good tickets in Glasgow for not so good tickets in Aberdeen to save the travelling and are also going to see Stewart Lee next week.

I think you've made a good decision. Better to have not-so-good Izzard seats and see StewLee than good seats at Izzard and no StewLee. I think that's how that old saying goes...