aberdeen-music

New Thrash Metal Documentary

Fast Caz

'Get Thrashed': DVD Version Of Thrash Documentary To Contain Loads Of Bonus Footage - June 29, 2004

The makers of "Get Thrashed", the upcoming documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene, have announced that the DVD version of the film due in early 2005 will feature over an hour of extra footage that will not be seen when "Get Thrashed" airs on cable television this fall. An simultaneous international DVD release is also planned. "We are still working on an international television airing as well but as of right now that is [to be determined]," reads a posting at GetThrashed.com.

As previously reported, filming for "Get Thrashed" was recently completed and the show is currently being edited. Post-production should be completed this fall, with an air date and location to follow soon after.

"Get Thrashed", the brainchild of director Rick Ernst, a longtime freelance producer for MTV, will include interviews with METALLICA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, EXODUS, GODSMACK, DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, TESTAMENT, OVERKILL, DEATH ANGEL, SHADOWS FALL, MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, STONE SOUR, SUPERJOINT RITUAL, LAMB OF GOD, VIO-LENCE, KREATOR, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, VOIVOD, CHIMAIRA, BIOHAZARD, FOZZY singer/WWE superstar Chris Jericho, SEPULTURA, KITTIE, THE HAUNTED, D.R.I., SOILWORK, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, HEATHEN, Brian Slagel, Jon & Marsha Zazula, authors Ian Christe ("Sound of the Beast") and Steven Blush ("American Hardcore"), NY metal radio DJ Eddie Trunk, "Radio Rampage"'s Ron Quintana, as well as unsigned thrash bands OSMIUM, CONCRETE COFFIN and VISCID.

It sounds really cool but why do they have the lieks of Kittie,Godsmack,Sevendust and Disturbed on it...

what do you people think about it and if your a metal fan would you buy it ?

i think i would if it is the 10 range

Yeah i saw and thought it would be a good laugh !!!

Gene Hoglan is apparently thinknig of doing a diy drum video with some syl and death angel songs

Holy shit, that would be ace! Why he wasnt in that crappy top 100 drummers list is beyond me :moody: