aberdeen-music

I built a new website

framheim

Guest idol_wild

I think this is looking decent. I like the colours. The font is not to my liking, however; I'd opt for a san-serif typeface. Though not Comic Sans.

click on the ad and i get some money. the advertisers pay different rates but i don't know how that works, so certain ads earn you more money per click.

no one ever clicks them though, i think you need some serious visitor figures before you see a return but it'll hopefully all help towards my goal of doing that for a job rather than my day job just now.

thanks to everyone who's filled out the survey so far, i've already made changes based on what has been said already so keep it coming!

Is this designed to conform to WCAG guidelines? The text is WAY too big.

i have no idea what you're talking about :(

honestly i'm not a web designer, i just built it using wordpress and a template. what's WCAG? and which text do you mean? looks ok on my screens.

what resolution is your desktop set to?

i have no idea what you're talking about :(

honestly i'm not a web designer, i just built it using wordpress and a template. what's WCAG? and which text do you mean? looks ok on my screens.

what resolution is your desktop set to?

Apologies - I should have mentioned that:

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0

In short, it is guidelines for making websites accessible for people with disabilities.

My resolution is 1920 x 1080, and even for that, it is really big. :)

ah fair enough. do you mean the headers or the body text? the body text isn't much different in size from the text on here but i think the headers are maybe a little large. depends on the fonts you have on your computer as well. if you don't have calibri it will revert to tahoma or another sans-serif font and may look naff.

i shall maybe tweak the font sizes a bit. i'm still not sold on the font either.

one thing though, how does text being too big make it less accessible for people with disabilities? surely large clear text is a good thing?

one thing though, how does text being too big make it less accessible for people with disabilities? surely large clear text is a good thing?

I didn't say it was, I just thought that you were wanting it to be more accessible by having larger text.

One thing I did notice is that you have hyperlinks the same colour as body text, which is a big no-no (you can see it if you hover over it, but it is purely out of chance you realise it is a hyperlink rather than it being obvious at first glance). You might also want to underline to further distinguish them (but adding anchor tags should do this for you, depends on your stylesheet really).

I didn't say it was, I just thought that you were wanting it to be more accessible by having larger text.

One thing I did notice is that you have hyperlinks the same colour as body text, which is a big no-no (you can see it if you hover over it, but it is purely out of chance you realise it is a hyperlink rather than it being obvious at first glance). You might also want to underline to further distinguish them (but adding anchor tags should do this for you, depends on your stylesheet really).

cool, will have a look at that. it's quite a big learning process for me but it's fun. :)

Dave, I see you live in Culter. Do you ever go up to the golf club? There's some cracking scenery up there, especially on the holes along the river.

Decent website btw :up:

i've walked near it but never round it. do they mind people walking round who aren't members? i wouldn't mind playing it but i'm shockingly bad at golf and don't think they'd be impressed by me hacking my way round the course while taking photos.

i do go for regular strolls round the countryside near culter. it's one of the reasons we moved here. it's got the advantage of regular buses to town while being beside some beautiful scenery. culter rules!

i've walked near it but never round it. do they mind people walking round who aren't members? i wouldn't mind playing it but i'm shockingly bad at golf and don't think they'd be impressed by me hacking my way round the course while taking photos.

i do go for regular strolls round the countryside near culter. it's one of the reasons we moved here. it's got the advantage of regular buses to town while being beside some beautiful scenery. culter rules!

I think they are ok with folk walking round, right to roam and all that...probably best to go up in the evenings when it won't be as busy.

I keep meaning to take a camera out with me but always forget!

• 1 month later...