aberdeen-music

Weather

Le Stu

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be glad of some cooler weather - the heat is making my hands sticky which makes playing difficult. Squeaky is fine if you're doing the dishes, but it fair puts a crimp in those octave slides.

It took me until the last few words of this post to realise you meant Guitar, and not Fucking the Handgina.

• Upvote 1

I saw some epic forked lightning up in Hopeman a few weeks ago, haven't ever seen any in Aberdeen. Reading Festival 2000 was the worst/best lightning I've ever seen, during Oasis's headline set it was fucking crazy, a massive fork right across the sky like every 5 seconds. It was like a film. I was enjoying it till I went back to my tent and found it had partially fallen down and was full of water.

I saw some epic forked lightning up in Hopeman a few weeks ago, haven't ever seen any in Aberdeen. Reading Festival 2000 was the worst/best lightning I've ever seen, during Oasis's headline set it was fucking crazy, a massive fork right across the sky like every 5 seconds. It was like a film. I was enjoying it till I went back to my tent and found it had partially fallen down and was full of water.

Leeds 2000 was the same. Except it was during Placebo's headline set (the year they had a rapper with them), so I thought it was well deserved for everyone stood in the thunderstorm while I sat in my tent trying not to hear them.

Used to see some epic lightning when I lived in the country. I find it strange that some people have never seen forked lightning before. It's not like it's rare.

craziest thunder and lightening i've ever heard/seen was in costa rica. i thought the building was collapsing and you could feel the thunder in your stomach. absolutely huge forks every few seconds too. this was on an almost daily basis for two weeks too. it was incredible. it would last for about an hour then be the most amazing hot sunny day.

the tropics are mental.

Pity the lightning didn't hit oasis..... sorry :down:

I tfelt like it was right above our building yesterday cracking thunder & lightning almost instantly together...then down pour the rain wasn't even making it into the drains on the building across from us just gushing off the roof! ACE

I'd love to go Storm Chasing....one of my life ambitions!

• Upvote 1

Pity the lightning didn't hit oasis..... sorry :down:

I tfelt like it was right above our building yesterday cracking thunder & lightning almost instantly together...then down pour the rain wasn't even making it into the drains on the building across from us just gushing off the roof! ACE

I'd love to go Storm Chasing....one of my life ambitions!

At the time I was wondering if I was about to witness the death of Oasis. The lightning was unbelievable and they were standing on an outdoor stage which was probably around 100ft high and made mostly out of metal....

Guest Gladstone
At the time I was wondering if I was about to witness the death of Oasis. The lightning was unbelievable and they were standing on an outdoor stage which was probably around 100ft high and made mostly out of metal....

Their rubber wellies would have saved them though surely...

This to me is not proof that God doesn't exist but if he does he takes a non-interventionist approach.