aberdeen-music

Sat 22nd Aug 2009 > ELEMENT 106 + THE SCANDEL EXTRACTS + OWEN CAMPBELL + DED RABBIT

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge present, at the Moorings Bar, 2 Trinity Quay, Aberdeen:

SATURDAY 22 AUGUST 2009

THE SCANDEL EXTRACTS

OWEN CAMPBELL

DED RABBIT

8pm-1am, 3

The Scandal Extracts on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"Created out of three quarters of Aberdeen indie band Static in the City, The Scandal Extracts are a brand new band. We are to some extent born of the realisation that the indie stylings of Static In The City were not the natural home for the alt rock, lo-fi, grungyish and often melodic songs written by lead guitar player David Dallas... so a 'side-project' was born."

Influenced by Pavement, Sebadoh, Nirvana, Idlewild, Pearl Jam, Fugazi, Tom Petty, The Boss, Neil Young, Lemonheads, Mogwai, and Mudhoney

OWEN CAMPBELL on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"In the words of Alistair Hullit I truely was 'born and raised on salted oats and tales of the savage past'. Born in Australia to an Irish mother and Scottish father I was baptised in the church of great music! Van Morrison, The Pogues, The Band, Bob Dylan all blasting from the tape deck from as early as I can remember. In troubled times I picked up a guitar and haven't put it down for 15 years."

Owen has toured extensively throughout Australia, Papua New Guinea, Ireland, Nepal (Himalayan Blues Festival), and the US of A. He recently released his debut album with Aria Award winning blues label Blackmarket Music.

"Owen is something different, the music issuing forth was Australian blues, raunchy and interesting...." THE IRISH NEWS Ireland 2009

Ded Rabbit on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

"With a warm-sounding rhythm guitar, a dirty and often funky bass, heavy and continuous funk rock drums, a bluesy piercing lead guitar combined with distinctive vocals that are occasionally sung in a very syllabic way, Ded Rabbit have developed a raw yet at the same time polished rock sound. Just now and again, the subtle use of a jazzy tenor sax vibe adds to the mix. We are four brothers who live on a farm in the middle of friggin' nowhere who've been playing together nearly five years now."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...