aberdeen-music

Tea

Le Stu

I'm trying to give up coffee because I find it makes me angry. Also, giving up the standard Scottish cuppa as I need to stop eating sugar. So, I got some Clipper brand green teabags out of the supermarket and they seem quite fine. I've had white tea before which is also very dry.

How do you like your tannins?

I used to be well into fancy teas - a malty, robust Assam, a sharp Ceylon, Earl Grey (no milk!), but i'm pretty easy going these days, as long as it's got some flavour then it's cool with me. I don't get people who dunk it in and out quick as that - what's the point?

Tea is the fucking best. Milk n 2'n a half, fuck the purists.

Agreed, none of that silly tea.

And there's nothing worse than someone making you a shit cup of tea. It's simple to make a good cup and I've never disappointed in the tea-making stakes.

Teabag and sugar (sugar is optional) in the cup, boil the water then pour in. Swill the teabag around until the tea is nice and dark then give it The Magic Squeeze at the side of the cup with spoon before getting rid of the teabag. Then, AND ONLY THEN, add the milk. Now there's no excuse for making a shit cup of tea.

PS - NEVER make more than one cup of tea with the same teabag. It's minky and makes me think of Glaswegians.

Now, where's my fucking tea?

:up:

There's a maroccan guy at my work who makes the best tea ever. He just whacks a bunch of mint leaves in a cup and lets it steep in boiling water. adds a bit of sugar and Robert's your mother's brother.

Not strictly tea in the sense it's not made with tea leaves as such but fit rare it is. I'm hooked.

This is the most heinous of incorrect tea-making errors.

Some folk insist on milk before water in coffee, they reckon it makes it taste better.

Cobblers.

:down:

Milk first in coffee does make it taste better for instant coffee, certainly for me.

I can't understand how folk can make tea putting milk in first, it just doesn't happen, I tried it once after seeing someone else do it and I was confused. I had to stand and squeeze the teabag to get any sort of colour into it.

Milk first in coffee does make it taste better for instant coffee, certainly for me.

I can't understand how folk can make tea putting milk in first, it just doesn't happen, I tried it once after seeing someone else do it and I was confused. I had to stand and squeeze the teabag to get any sort of colour into it.

Tried it myself with instant coffee, didn't notice any difference myself.

Doing it with tea is just insanity, though. It's only when the teabag is out that you know how much milk to add.

:up: