aberdeen-music

Plea to promotors... get Cilice to Aberdeen please!!!!

keeno

It's a longshot cos doubt anyone here will have heard or care about them but I noticed Cilice where planning a UK tour later in the year so if anyone managed to get them up here I would work my ass off to get people up to see it! Are a metal band in the 'djent' style..

CiLiCe on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Also whenever Conducting from the Grave come over here I would pay good money to see them too :)

CONDUCTING FROM THE GRAVE (NEW SONG UP NOW!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Guest Tam o' Shantie
It's a longshot cos doubt anyone here will have heard or care about them but I noticed Cilice where planning a UK tour later in the year so if anyone managed to get them up here I would work my ass off to get people up to see it! Are a metal band in the 'djent' style..

Have you considered putting them on yourself?

aye, I remember when it worked really well when you did gigs! seem to remember some shambolic gigs at moshulu!?

Let's see...

Both Captain Everything and Adequate 7 did well enough there to pay everyone something and pay the venue hire, as far as I remeber. They weren't roaring successes, but to pay the headline band what they wanted, feed them and give some support bands a chance of playing Moshulu (10ew for instance couldn't get a gig there at the time!) meant no-one left unhappy.

I remeber only one complete failure that was the definition of 'shambolic' and 'complete disaster', and that wasn't at Moshulu.

(oh, last gig I was involved in, it did 330 through the door in Drummonds before we had to close the door and about 50 people were turned away...)

Aye, book it yourself, it's not rocket science

Never done i before and could see me messing up big time!

Not if you've got common sense.

It really isn't hard to send a few e-mails' date=' find a venue and find some support bands along with advertising the gig.[/quote']

Common sense isn't my strong point nor is being organised tbh... Is it as simple as that though? As I said before have no experience at all. Do bands use individually booked shows or would they not prefer to have a string of shows guaranteed by one booking agent....? I dunno. So many questions to ask!

Pretty busy from September onwards at uni so don't see myself having a huge amount of time in run up to the dates either :( I need to befriend someone who has done this before methinks!