aberdeen-music

DESALVO (allan stewart from Idlewild's 'other' band!)

Dizzy Storm

cheeky way to punt it but..... :rolleyes:

Desalvo were formed in 1999 with members from ex p.h. family and fretlin. all the band members had the same ideas which was to try to blend all the styles of all the band members tastes of metal, complex rock, proto punk, and prog rock to name a few ideas that they all wanted to experiment with. the idea was to start a song in one place and to end it in a totally different place, with consideration to all tastes if possible within context.

during this time the band played gigs with several leading local bands in the both metal and indie rock scene with a tour with Idlewild being a highlight of that time...

The band have had 3 releases, a three song double square single that was supposed to only be a demo but was released nontheless (a Kerrang! listening favourite), a 6 track sampler cd split with local bands from the metal scene, and a track on the Rock Mess Monster compilation album and finally the Tonguescaper ep which they released themselves through local record shops and got uk distributed.

Desalvo have a release coming out on Rocksounds' Darren Saddler's label Undergroove with ex Will Haven...

they are currently working on new material to complete an album soon...

APPEARING HERE - WED 14TH JULY

DOORS 8PM

support from THE FALL OF BOSS KOALA & more tbc...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah desalvo are a brilliant band weve done a couple of shows with em' now and they certainly put on a bloody good show

the koala will be playing some new tunes and also flogging our new tshirts like the corporate whores we are.

if everyone can come to this gig it shall be rawkus .We promise we'll actually be half awake this time and not in the "comatosed "state of our last drakes show!

come to this DESALVO ARE grand!

Guest stuartmaxwell

yes people come along it shall be acem, desalvo are a rockin band and dont play that much up here, i think the last time ws with idlewild at the music hall in 2000

tunes providided by myself and shaz!:p

Guest stuartmaxwell

bloody hell!desalvo were fucking brutal, absolutely brilliant, they rocked so hard, i didnt realise it was so loud till i woke up this morning and my ears were ringing, the frontman was a legend!perfect sound (bar the vocals being quiet but thats what they wanted), they even tried to set fire to the place!:p loved it, confidence is a fine fine thing

the fall of boss koala were decent, i thought the band were great, lovely sound, very tight and the players were accomplished, they had some great riffs (except for the last song)

thought the singer was an absolute pudding though, he made this quiet hissing noise all the time which turned out to be screaming, then his actual vocal was 3 times the volume, he was running/dancing around a lot, stage prescence aint everything!he should really concentrate on his vocal as that was what let that performance down

I loved Fall Of Boss Koala. They reminded me of WBL a bit. Very energetic also and put 100% into each song. Would definately go see them again. I would agree with Stuart though the singer's vocals did let them down.

Soundgate were also good with an amazing drummer reminded me of a deeper version of an early Incubus if that makes sense:P.

i had the pleasure of seeing Desalvo again on thursday at the Barfly......amazing, Phil is such a good front man, as are the rest of the guys musicians....

i dont even know how to describe their music or who to compare them to....but they are the best thing i have heard in ages (thats obviously just in my opinion, but thats saying something!)

shaz

Guest stuartmaxwell

listening to the cd they are like a heavier oxes with vocals

but you are right, they were one of the best bands i have seen

imagine them and macrocosmica on the same bill????

cough*october 15th*hint*ahem*cough*go*on*cough*shaz

Guest stuartmaxwell

hmm i reckon that idlewild will have new material surfacing well after october, so i doubt they would be away then

the plot thickens, my fingers crossed

• 1 month later...