aberdeen-music

New Alice In Chains Song

Mathe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

I've never really listened to Alice in Chains before, and am not really into heavier type music at all, but I love Check My Brain (think that's what it's called). That riff is almost hypnotic.

Aaargh! I dont know what to think about this at all. Some cool melodies, but its a bit chunky in places, the production is very modern and shiny (not a good thing) and it kind of goes on a bit doesnt it? The really weird thing about it, though, is that he new singer sounds like hes trying to "do Layne", especially on the harmonies. Its maybe just the natural way to sing them, but its a bit creepy.

OK, Ive only listened once, and that is quite a mighty chorus...

I wasn't looking forward to listening to it but I was quite surprised actually. Like it alot.

Likewise! Prob. had it on spotify 10-20 times in last couple of days, it's a good song! I really like Cantrell's degradation trip and later AIC stuff so it sits well with me. Excited to be going to see them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
and the only one at a sensible length. There is a serious lack of ideas on this album.. yawn.. and i used to LOVE AIC too.. shame.

True!

It's a shame, AIC had some cracking tunes, Sunshine, Sickman, Them Bones, Bleed the freak.... etc etc.

Not stuck in the past, just feel that this album isn't as good and it's not because Laney is no longer alive (IMHO). The new guy can do a brilliant Layne impression.

and the only one at a sensible length. There is a serious lack of ideas on this album.. yawn.. and i used to LOVE AIC too.. shame.

What? Lack of ideas? What about the last album? Not very creative was it!?

Every album they've done has been different. This album is different too and it's ace.

They've come a long way since Alice In Blunderland (when they sounded like fucking Skid Row)!

What? Lack of ideas? What about the last album? Not very creative was it!?

Every album they've done has been different. This album is different too and it's ace.

They've come a long way since Alice In Blunderland (when they sounded like fucking Skid Row)!

...and i said i liked Tripod/Alice in Chains, the LP? I like Frogs though..

I actually didn't even like Facelift all that much. Every song having virtually the same structure (or at least an acoustic intro), but there are some cool tunes. This new effort has too few musical ideas, especially for 5min+, not to mention the overworked vocals, i mean, could he/they maybe shut up and let some cool lines stick in our heads? Other than batter on and on.. with no hook lines in sight, or if any of them are attempts at such.. FAIL!!!!

...and i said i liked Tripod/Alice in Chains, the LP? I like Frogs though..

I actually didn't even like Facelift all that much. Every song having virtually the same structure (or at least an acoustic intro), but there are some cool tunes. This new effort has too few musical ideas, especially for 5min+, not to mention the overworked vocals, i mean, could he/they maybe shut up and let some cool lines stick in our heads? Other than batter on and on.. with no hook lines in sight, or if any of them are attempts at such.. FAIL!!!!

So... when you said you "really loved AIC", you meant that you loved Dirt and the rest are mediocre?

I think we can all agree that Dirt is by far their best album but I think the rest are ace too.

So... when you said you "really loved AIC", you meant that you loved Dirt and the rest are mediocre?

I think we can all agree that Dirt is by far their best album but I think the rest are ace too.

Well Dirt was only just released when i got into them. Even though i had heard Facelift a while before that.. Think AIC support Megadeth when they toured UK? Was around then i heard Facelift as a mate saw them then. Took Dirt to convince me. I also like the "Sap" & "Jar of Flies" EP's. Otherwise aye, the rest are mediocre.