aberdeen-music

Chopper Read / Anal Cunt / haggis

Steven Milne

I'm sure the owners of the establishment will love you for this....

"The atmosphere was already tense by the time Anal Cunt went on stage and there had already been confrontations between band members and the club owner, Steven Faber, who had told the bands to keep the noise down for the benefit of the lounge's 'regulars', who were competing in a darts tournament. The club itself was known for violence, with the police having been called there on numerous occasions on reports of assault.

The fight, which can be heard in the background of Anal Cunt's performance on the recording, started with band and audience members throwing small objects at each other but during Anal Cunt's first song, Song #6, people started throwing chairs. The disappearance of Seth Putnam's vocals partway through the recording can be explained by the fact that he wanted to get involved in the fight, recalling the violence of some of the band's previous concerts.

During the ensuing chair fight, a bartender by the name of Cynthia Nystrom was injured by the neck of a guitar, receiving a serious wound across her chin. With many fistfights breaking out across the floor, the club owner, Steven Faber, intervened, swinging at various musicians with his fist. Seth Putnam reacted by kicking him several times, at which point an unknown assailant struck Faber's face with end of a weighted microphone stand, causing him to fall back into the drum kit. He sustained serious facial injuries, including a broken cheekbone and concussion, for which he would be taken to South Shore Hospital for treatment."

Would love to see Chopper Read, but seen Anal Cunt before, and they were utter twats.

I've heard this from many sources. It's a shame. I used to find all their lyrics absolute comecy genius when I thought they were ironic or tongue in cheek or solely with the aim of being as offensive as possible. However, I've subsequently found out that a lot of the views portrayed in them are serious, and unfortunately that takes away some of their satirical quality.

I've heard this from many sources. It's a shame. I used to find all their lyrics absolute comecy genius when I thought they were ironic or tongue in cheek or solely with the aim of being as offensive as possible. However, I've subsequently found out that a lot of the views portrayed in them are serious, and unfortunately that takes away some of their satirical quality.
I can't say I dislike their music. But when they're sitting their with swastikas and SS Death-head skulls on all their clothes and being complete cunts to everyone around them, they end up as exactly that, cunts.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Good to see some people would be up for this if it does happen.

I agree with your points about the guys in the band being potentially difficult / trouble.

Its one of the reasons im currently in two minds about this.

Got potential to do it but not sure how itll do / if its a potential nightmare.

Ive dealt with difficult bands before and its an absolute pain in the arse.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Ive dealt with difficult bands before and its an absolute pain in the arse.

There's difficult... and then there's woman-beating, fag-hating, neo-nazi, racist-fascists and an ex-convict armed-robber nutter who used to regularly kill people.

But don't let that put you off... I still think you should go for it.

I can't say I dislike their music. But when they're sitting their with swastikas and SS Death-head skulls on all their clothes and being complete cunts to everyone around them, they end up as exactly that, cunts.

Which they'll keep doing as long as people let themselves get wound up about it.

It doesn't REALLY matter...

:up:

Which they'll keep doing as long as people let themselves get wound up about it.

It doesn't REALLY matter...

When the promoter puts you in a room for your night, which he got through a favour, and the room is located in student halls, and then the band rip the radiator off the wall, chuck it through a window, then trash the room before going to get their plane...it matters.

We got offered this gig a couple of weeks back. Got as far as trying to arrange dates, but think there was a clash.

I like Chopper but would reject the gig based on the information about Anal Cunt though. Life is too short. Sounds like we had a near miss.

I thought it was just chopper. Else I'd have let you know straight up.

When the promoter puts you in a room for your night, which he got through a favour, and the room is located in student halls, and then the band rip the radiator off the wall, chuck it through a window, then trash the room before going to get their plane...it matters.

Rock n' roll ain't what it used to be...

Just read this on UGS; apparently it's their booking stipulations and guarantees etc- might be worth a look/ laugh for anyone even vaguely interested in this gig on any level, particularly whoever is thinking about booking it;

"We have two ways of booking this show:

1 Way:

*The bands play for 100% of the door after break even

with 20 euro (or the equivalent in whatever currency is used) tickets/entrance

fee. Promoter supplies proper P.A and Rider.

2nd Way:

*The band gets a guarantee of 3500 euro + 25% of the

door after break even. Venue/promoter supplies proper P.A and Rider.

Note: The bands bring full backline. Venue/promoter must provide a

proper P.A and sound engineer that is not retarded, deaf or can't speak English!

Also if the venue does not have a

shower, Venue/promoter must also pay for a hotel room nearby where we can get cleaned up.

The venue MUST have a backstage with room enough for both bands

The venue MUST have a stage; we don't play on the fucking floor!

The venue MUST have a space set up for our merch with proper lights

One (1) Local act is allowed as support, but to be honest, its not needed

Rider:

1 Hot meal pr travelling member, MEAT no vegetarian crap!

All beverages are to be served COLD!even the red wine.

2 Large pizzas with MOZZARELLA cheese, tomato/marinara

sauce, and pizza dough.

2 750 ml (or litre) bottle of Jim Beam (or 3 Litres of Jack Daniels)

1 Case of Guinness and 3 cases of high quality local beer with a minimum

alcohol percentage of 4.5%

44 Drink tickets if show is at a place that has a bar

12 Cans or bottles of sprite or ginger ale (super important, Seth cant sing

without this)

26 Cans or bottles of coke (plastic bottles will not do!)

24 Bottles of spring water and 2 bottles of cheap-ass red wine with a minimum alcohol percentage of 12%

2 Pack's of Marlboro lights cigarettes, 10 big towels, plenty of ice cubes,

cups, various sweets and snacks "

Just read this on UGS; apparently it's their booking stipulations and guarantees etc- might be worth a look/ laugh for anyone even vaguely interested in this gig on any level, particularly whoever is thinking about booking it;

"We have two ways of booking this show:

1 Way:

*The bands play for 100% of the door after break even

with 20 euro (or the equivalent in whatever currency is used) tickets/entrance

fee. Promoter supplies proper P.A and Rider.

2nd Way:

*The band gets a guarantee of 3500 euro + 25% of the

door after break even. Venue/promoter supplies proper P.A and Rider.

Note: The bands bring full backline. Venue/promoter must provide a

proper P.A and sound engineer that is not retarded, deaf or can't speak English!

Also if the venue does not have a

shower, Venue/promoter must also pay for a hotel room nearby where we can get cleaned up.

The venue MUST have a backstage with room enough for both bands

The venue MUST have a stage; we don't play on the fucking floor!

The venue MUST have a space set up for our merch with proper lights

One (1) Local act is allowed as support, but to be honest, its not needed

Rider:

1 Hot meal pr travelling member, MEAT no vegetarian crap!

All beverages are to be served COLD!even the red wine.

2 Large pizzas with MOZZARELLA cheese, tomato/marinara

sauce, and pizza dough.

2 750 ml (or litre) bottle of Jim Beam (or 3 Litres of Jack Daniels)

1 Case of Guinness and 3 cases of high quality local beer with a minimum

alcohol percentage of 4.5%

44 Drink tickets if show is at a place that has a bar

12 Cans or bottles of sprite or ginger ale (super important, Seth cant sing

without this)

26 Cans or bottles of coke (plastic bottles will not do!)

24 Bottles of spring water and 2 bottles of cheap-ass red wine with a minimum alcohol percentage of 12%

2 Pack's of Marlboro lights cigarettes, 10 big towels, plenty of ice cubes,

cups, various sweets and snacks "

Never gonna happen... like i'd turn up anyway..

Guest Laura@TMB
I thought it was just chopper. Else I'd have let you know straight up.

The original phone call from Mrs Chopper to one of our colleagues mentioned there being a support act, but I am sure they were "listed" as a stand-up act. I think even someone of my age-ing years and forgetfulness would remember the name Anal Cunt... Of course, I'd probably remember their name as being Rectal Fanny, or something similar, but hey ho, water under the bridge now.