aberdeen-music

fat people

ben_1903

Only VAT on what are regarded as luxury food items.

I'm sure all restaurants (especially fast food) charge VAT (which is still tax after all) and of course most junk food is regarded as a luxury food item (confectionary, crisps etc) and Beer is taxed to the max. Surely "fatties" pay for themselves to then?

I'm sure all restaurants (especially fast food) charge VAT (which is still tax after all) and of course most junk food is regarded as a luxury food item (confectionary, crisps etc) and Beer is taxed to the max. Surely "fatties" pay for themselves to then?

VAT alone is paid on luxury food items, whereas alcohol and tobacco have very high duty as well as VAT. Does it cover it? I can't find any information but I doubt it.

VAT alone is paid on luxury food items, whereas alcohol and tobacco have very high duty as well as VAT. Does it cover it? I can't find any information but I doubt it.

Does it cover what?

Beer consumption is something that greatly contributes to obesity levels, especially in men.

Yet another death of a relatively funny thread to begin with.

I'd rather have arse blisters than listen to alkaline be all P.C.

I'm not PC, unless you count my initials.

I would rather have a rectal prolapse whilst fist fucking my own mouth than read your helpful and informative posts as well. Win win situation.

• Upvote 2

Guest idol_wild
I'm not PC, unless you count my initials.

I would rather have a rectal prolapse whilst fist fucking my own mouth than read your helpful and informative posts as well. Win win situation.

I like this post a lot. I wish I could give you some reputation for it. :up:

Guest idol_wild
Heavy smokers vs supremely fat people.

Which repulses you more?

Good grief, now there's a debate. Do I smell another thread?

Or do I just smell the stench of cigarette smoke and foul body odour?

Skewed in what sense? The sense that you have a different opinion on it in relation to mine. Or an otherwise informed sense?

Your whole post reads like your first sentence... o_O

Skewed as in the fatter they get, the less successful they are in evolutionary terms. FACT. Its a survival of the fittest thing*, dying younger, less ability to pass on their genes etc.

As for not making sense, it would if you had seen 'Idiocracy', a rather splendid film by Mike Judge. I refer to it as it is a) ace and b) a refelection of how dumbed down Western Thought can be.

*Or survival of people who have the willpower to change an obviously negative situation, like giving up the evil tobacco (done it), or eating a colossal amount.

Skewed as in the fatter they get, the less successful they are in evolutionary terms. FACT. Its a survival of the fittest thing*, dying younger, less ability to pass on their genes etc.

As for not making sense, it would if you had seen 'Idiocracy', a rather splendid film by Mike Judge. I refer to it as it is a) ace and b) a refelection of how dumbed down Western Thought can be.

*Or survival of people who have the willpower to change an obviously negative situation, like giving up the evil tobacco (done it), or eating a colossal amount.

That first point doesn't work in terms of heredity. I've been through that already in this thread. It is relevant in some circumstances though not all.

Or do I just smell the stench of cigarette smoke and foul body odour?

well I certainly smell the latter, but that is perhaps because I'm currently festering in my own sweat, due to it being hotter than the sun* in my office.

*The surface of the sun, not the core. That would just be ridiculous.

Smokers PAY for their NHS treatment many times over from the tax.

Fatties only pay VAT (as do non-fatties) and basically cost the NHS millions every year.

So the smoking argument doesn't work, I'm not personally a smoker, but they do pay for it. Fatties don't.

What about the many smokers who live on Government handouts, so technically aren't paying any tax or National Insurance but will still benefit from NHS treatment for preventable diseases?

And is there a system of calculating how much money raised by cigarette taxation and National Insurance payments by smokers goes towards NHS treatments for those suffering smoking related illnesses? is there a level of demarkation? No there isn't. So your argument is basically a lot of shite.

That first point doesn't work in terms of heredity. I've been through that already in this thread. It is relevant in some circumstances though not all.

It certainly would in hypothetical future climate apocalypse planet, where no amount of intellect will count more than raw fitness, unfortunately, as I'm never going to cut it on the fitness front.

If this was a serious forum for discussion I'd go back and check your theses as to why heredity is less relevant, but I'm too fucking lazy*, and I can't take internet 'debate' too seriously. If I did then where would it all end, insane in a corner gibbering, thats where.

Don't let me put you off watching Idiocracy though, its worth it.

*Go on, link to it, I can't walk there, it'll take ages, and in this heat, phew.

It certainly would in hypothetical future climate apocalypse planet, where no amount of intellect will count more than raw fitness, unfortunately, as I'm never going to cut it on the fitness front.

If this was a serious forum for discussion I'd go back and check your theses as to why heredity is less relevant, but I'm too fucking lazy*, and I can't take internet 'debate' too seriously. If I did then where would it all end, insane in a corner gibbering, thats where.

Don't let me put you off watching Idiocracy though, its worth it.

*Go on, link to it, I can't walk there, it'll take ages, and in this heat, phew.

Hold on, heredity is important (i don't recall saying it wasn't). I've already explained that obesity (in terms of what your body can do and appetite) can be explained in terms of genes and how they are relevant to our environment and how environmental and desirable genetic traits can change. Just becuase we view things a particular way as a species right now doesn't mean we always will. Would Cheryl Cole still be particularly cute to us covered in a thin covering of hair? She certainly would've done to our predecessors. Attitudes change and you're slightly naive if you're implying that survival of the fittest only covers traits that are deemed positive.

I'm not linking you back, go and find it for yourself if you fancy reading more.

The law is mental in regards to VAT and food - but I think this is roughly right.

Hot food always has VAT charged on it (as it is supplied as part of catering, which isn't exempt from VAT - though I wonder about hot chickens sold in Asda for instance?).

Cold food is exempt, unless it's either a luxury food or supplied as catering.

Usually the idea is that it's catering if it's supplied for immediate consumption on the premises - but I seem to recall that there's been a lot of legal arguments about just what is exempt and what isn't. Pringles lost a case recently, I think?

I don't understand how anyone could be an accountant :(

No that precis is fine; books are for re-reading, internet threads aren't, she would if everyone was covered in similar hair, and none of that is applicable to being 20>st and unhealthy. But hey, keep fighting the good fight.

It's worth noting that there are not that many fat animals that have survived this long (not including Arctic Blubber animals or Genetic Selection by humans).

If only people were this worried about the amount of stupid humans. *scarpers*

• Upvote 1

No that precis is fine; books are for re-reading, internet threads aren't, she would if everyone was covered in similar hair, and none of that is applicable to being 20>st and unhealthy. But hey, keep fighting the good fight.

It's worth noting that there are not that many fat animals that have survived this long (not including Arctic Blubber animals or Genetic Selection by humans).

If only people were this worried about the amount of stupid humans. *scarpers*

You can be 20st and perfectly healthy, ask some of those rugby players that you were talking about earlier.

By the same token, if everyone was fat for whatever reason, fat people would be attractive.

Hippo, bear, manatee, Seals, buffalo species etc all carry excess body fat for genetic reasons. You are right, there aren't many but there still are some.