aberdeen-music

Rude Aberdonians

Guest droid

Guest droid

Why is it when you hold open a door for someone in Aberdeen no-body say's thank you,and if you see someone you have met on a couple of occasions previously,they will blank you the next time they see you!Even in London peeps are more courteous and friendly...lol.

Guest droid
I don't really have that problem with aberdonians

BUT WITH WOMEN.

why is it that so many women either tut or glare at you when you hold the door open for them in a:

kind of way?

CUNTS.

/rant.

My wife gets the same treatment,so i do think it's an Aberdeen thing .It doesn't happen in Glasgow.?(

I find Edinburgh to be full of much ruder people. Bus stops involve no queueing etiquette. Holding a door open is a thankless task that is also never returned. Seem to get barged into heaps of times by snobbish looking students and just general cunters. I have much dislike for that place and would happily never go back.

• Upvote 1

I find Edinburgh to be full of much ruder people. Bus stops involve no queueing etiquette. Holding a door open is a thankless task that is also never returned. Seem to get barged into heaps of times by snobbish looking students and just general cunters. I have much dislike for that place and would happily never go back.

thank you for being the only other person i've see hate edinburgh in the same way that i do.

fucking awful, manky, horrible sewer-stained joke of a capital city. and don't get me started on the royal fucking mile.

• Upvote 1

I don't really have that problem with aberdonians

BUT WITH WOMEN.

why is it that so many women either tut or glare at you when you hold the door open for them in a:

kind of way?

CUNTS.

/rant.

I don't... I always say thank you. But then again, I hold door's open for some women and it's not often they acknowledge with a thank you, I just say 'oh your welcome' in a loud voice

plus it's so fucking windy that walking and dodging flying debris feels like a cruel gladiators type eliminator.

I think a lot of the rudeness of Aberdeen can be explained in the staryness. I was away from this city and Scotland for years and I flew back in via Aberdeen and it was the fist thing I noticed. Why the fucking hard stares I'm getting?

Their eyes... LIKE GIMLETS. Arrrrrgggh!

thank you for being the only other person i've see hate edinburgh in the same way that i do.

fucking awful, manky, horrible sewer-stained joke of a capital city. and don't get me started on the royal fucking mile.

If you go to a club in Edinburgh you get shoved out of the way. In Aberdeen you get ' excuse me's' and 'sorry's' and thankyous

It is nice to see people have the same view of edinburgers (is that the right word?) as me... i have always found edinburgh to be the rudest city in scotland by far, in contrast glasgow has to be one of the friendliest cities if have ever visited.

I have always found Inverness to be less friendly than the others

Worse still, you hold a door open for someone and they walk through it...WTF?

I held a door for a wifie with a pushchair in the Trinity Centre, but i was clearly only doing the "hold it till they get there" thingy. I got a right barrage of abuse when I let go of the door and it swung straight into the buggy.

Thatcher's Britain. :rolleyes:

I held a door for a wifie with a pushchair in the Trinity Centre, but i was clearly only doing the "hold it till they get there" thingy. I got a right barrage of abuse when I let go of the door and it swung straight into the buggy.

Thatcher's Britain. :rolleyes:

I get this quite alot.

Some massive fucking woman wacked me with her full basket in asda last night.

To the point it instantly bruised. She didnt even turn round to apologize.

Also people with buggys who think its okay to clearly try and run people over with the buggy. Oh sorry i'll walk even faster should i? When theres a damned old person going dirt slow in front of me.

Rudeness annoys me.:swearing:

A lot of the time I can't tell if it's rudeness or more a case of stupidity or drunkeness.

Aberdeen is really bad for people lacking a sense of spacial awareness, personal space and good pavement/aisle skills, that's for sure.

And mobile mobile usage. Jesus, the amount of fucktards wandering around like Mr Magoo...

Can't say I have ever had any problems with rudeness in general in either Inverness or Edinburgh though maybe the kind of places I go to/people I frequent with. Actually had way more bad experiences when I worked in glasgow (though not really rudeness issues, just idiots trying to give you a random kicking/stabbing). London was the worst but again you can always find lots of ameniable people. I think though in general cities where there is less of a "local" crowd and much more people in transit/tourists/rushing business folks then it will be a bit colder and less intimate. Aberdeen can be a bit hit or miss but since I moved here from the Dublin area (which can be very rude/cold at times) most folks have been fine but the chav numbers seem to have multiplied hugely in the 4 years I have been here.

Some of the small villages in Scotland can be a total nightmare though and I have had a lot of pub moments like a scene from American Werewolf in London. I find a lot that people can have very "coloured" opinions of Scottish cities dependant on upbring/place of birth/friends etc, what they might tolerate in one they would rant about in another, having a mum from Edinburgh, a dad from Glasgow and split polarised family in both cities can be an eye opener, especially at weddings and funerals! 8-) Football to seems to be a major definer for many and my cousin in Bellshill was very vocal about me going to live with the "sheepy scum" and he wasn't joking either.