aberdeen-music

Removing old washing machine.....

Johnny Mac

Right.... as the title says..... does anyone know if the council come and remove old kitchen appliances if you call them up and arrange it?

Or is it up to myself to get rid?

If so, where are some good tips....?

Council website gave me no info.

Phone up the council Environmental Services on 08456080919. It costs 40 quid to get shot of up to 4 items these days, the buggers used to do it for free but they've a few lost shillings to recoup these days...

:up:

Thanks for your help man, i'll give them a shout tomorrow and see what the script is.... or see if one of my mates can get the work van round and move it myself!

On that note... does anyone know where the tips are? I know there is one up by the prison somewhere, but can't remember what it is called.

If you're buying new kitchen appliances and having them delivered they pretty much have to take them away for free as part of the WEE directive if i remember correctly.

Nah, I bought the washing machine ages ago... just replacing the old one till I have the funds to rip out the kitchen and replace... but totally skint right now. Boo.

On that note... does anyone know where the tips are? I know there is one up by the prison somewhere, but can't remember what it is called.

There's a tipping site in the Bridge of Don beside Scotstown Moor/Perwinnes Moss, probably your best bet. Mind you, washing machines are heavier than Bruce Banner in a bad mood so it's worth paying the council to get rid, last time I needed an uplift from them it was "7-10 days" and you leave it in the communal area of the flats, assuming you're in a block? You'd think your Council Tax covers this kinda thing ...

:up:

It is bloody hard to find a shop that recognises WEE IME. The deliverymen just won't take the stuff, even if you have agreed collection of the old appliance with the salesperson. :mad:

Keeping on good terms with an elderly neighbour can be useful here - The council still allow a couple of free uplifts a year to over 65s. ;)

It is bloody hard to find a shop that recognises WEE IME. The deliverymen just won't take the stuff, even if you have agreed collection of the old appliance with the salesperson. :mad:

Keeping on good terms with an elderly neighbour can be useful here - The council still allow a couple of free uplifts a year to over 65s. ;)

We do. :up:

I'd love to know exactly what my council tax is paying for these days as I have to make so many trips to the local recycling centre due to prohibited items that they won't deal with any more and general lack of space in my single wheelie bin for anything other than general waste. Also the change to fortnightly bin collections is a pain in the ass.

As far as I can see they are introducing loads of cost cutting measures that impact the householder while council tax remains constant.

Another one in Stonehaven is the lack of anyone tending trees and sidings that grow out onto footpaths, is the council not responsible for these things anymore?