aberdeen-music

cubase/plug in problems

Paul_Victory

hey, was wandering if someone could maybe help

iv got cubase studio 4 and it works quiet well except when i try and use plugins

dont get me wrong its not all plugins, some work (mainly the ones iv paid for, like ampeg SVX work a treat) but when i try and use some of them mainly the ones that actualy came with studio 4, the software crashes and im left looking at my desktop again, its nae so handy

hey, was wandering if someone could maybe help

iv got cubase studio 4 and it works quiet well except when i try and use plugins

dont get me wrong its not all plugins, some work (mainly the ones iv paid for, like ampeg SVX work a treat) but when i try and use some of them mainly the ones that actualy came with studio 4, the software crashes and im left looking at my desktop again, its nae so handy

I think steinberg dropped support for VST plug ins for that version of cubase.

go to devices/plug in information, and press update - if that works, then the VSTs themselves are fine. it scans all the VSTs and checks that they're valid and all that.

also, check if you have moved your VST folder at all? silly question i know, but it might confuse the program enough to crash. Should be in a steinberg folder in Program Files (if you're on windows), or in Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plugins on mac.

another silly question is...you did actually buy the program, yeah? and it isnt a torrent/warez version? no offence meant, just trying to figure out why it keeps packing in.

so i tried scottST's advice of " go to devices/plug in information, and press update "

it has worked for the most part, (one or two still fucked)

it is a bought program but it was second hand off ebay.

i think i should be ok now. and if not i may just go back to using my old copy of cakewalk

cheers to everyone who had a suggestion :up: