aberdeen-music

Phone advice needed

paime

Howdy! I need some phone advice. Im currently with Orange who don't stock iPhones or Google G1s. I'd like an iPhone but can't really be fannied moving network, same story with the G1. Orange have offered me a Nokia n97 when it comes out, is this phone any use or am i best making the move to o2 for the iPhone? :popcorn:

Maybe worth considering the Nokia N82 if you can get it. Not for everyone I suppose, but after having it a few months it still gets a big mark from me. No touch screen though, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Also have a look on gsmarena.com and mobile-review.com for info.

Umm... it's the N97 he might be getting.

I have the G1 unlocked on o2. Not had any real problems apart from battery life, but it's well documented that the original battery is crap, but you can get bigger capacity batteries. Also there is going to be a new HTC (the maker of the G1) Android phone out soon on Orange.

Best i can advise is go into shops and see if you can play with what your looking at to get a feel for what your looking at and work out what your happy using.

I'm in the same boat with Orange and currently have the N82 (it's alright - nothing to shout about though - the lack of apps and small screen is annoying). My plan now is to hold off until next month when Orange (along with T-Mobile) will start offering the new HTC Hero (HTC - Products - HTC Hero - Overview) which looks very nice indeed. It's Google Android based and so has a lot applications available for it out-of-the-box.

I'm in the same boat with Orange and currently have the N82 (it's alright - nothing to shout about though - the lack of apps and small screen is annoying). My plan now is to hold off until next month when Orange (along with T-Mobile) will start offering the new HTC Hero (HTC - Products - HTC Hero - Overview) which looks very nice indeed. It's Google Android based and so has a lot applications available for it out-of-the-box.

Hmmmmm.

I fucking hate my phone, I've heard very good things about android though so that one could be a winner. Also waiting to see where the Palm Pre ends up in the UK.