aberdeen-music

Michael Jackson RIP

ca_gere

Probably because Jade Goody didn't really mean anything to anyone here, and Michael Jackson actually earned his fame for the most part.

A joke is fine, but you kept doing it and doing it to everyones dismay, which is what makes you the trolling prick that you are.

Apparently I have "Given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours", otherwise I'd rep this.

I think it's intereasting that hardly anyone had a problem with the jade goody jokes yet everyone gets so defensive when it is MJ...

I guess people like Michael Jackson better than they do Jade Goody, genius.

You know, the way I like just about everyone on this forum better than you right now.

• Upvote 1

Probably because Jade Goody didn't really mean anything to anyone here, and Michael Jackson actually earned his fame for the most part.

So you are saying that jade didn't deserve respect because she was a reality tv star, as oposed to the king of pop. I think MJ wins the fucking creepy award between the two of them personally, but does any of that make either imune from the jokes?

As i am sure people will have realised, i did really like MJ and was greatly looking forward to finally seing one of my childhood hero's live, i payed a lot of money to get good tickets and have been excited about it for some time, But innocent at trial or not, there has always been something a bit sinister about MJ's antics, and call me sick, but i got a chuckle out of the jokes, and wanted to share them here. If they were sick jokes on any other topic/person then i'm sure everyone would be ignoring it or having a wee chuckle, Just look at the joke and pics that make you lol threads.

RIP MJ

So you are saying that jade didn't deserve respect because she was a reality tv star, as oposed to the king of pop.

That's exactlywhat everyone is saying, you retard.

MJ was the only artist I listened to before I got into rock/metal, and is responsible for me getting into music.

I'm certainly not upset about his death, because for the last 15 years everything about him has gone downhill, from his appearance to his reputation. I'm glad he's gone out now before any of that deteriorates any further.

I'm tempted to pay my respects by watching moonwalker (for the billionth time).

For me personally, he is immortalised in a song that I was writing and was really stuck on. After a month I got past writers block by listening to Meshuggah and Jackson albums alternatively for an entire day. Cheers MJ.

that's just crazy. also found out today that steven wells, legendary nme writer died on tuesday from cancer. :(

Thats shit, he was the funniest thing in that rag for years.

I was too metal in the 80s to like Jackson, but Off the Wall and Thriller were good albums, Bad less so, and everything after was guff, but it must have been difficult to live in a freak show, so RIP then

I was too metal in the 80s to like Jackson, but Off the Wall and Thriller were good albums, Bad less so, and everything after was guff, but it must have been difficult to live in a freak show, so RIP then

Dangerous had some good tracks on it, but by that time he'd kinda got into his Jesus complex where most of his songs were about changing the world and shit like that. Though it did have Black or White and Give In To Me which are both great songs. HIStory had a couple of good songs but was pretty balls for the most part. I never even bought Invincible, I heard it a few times and didn't like it. He was proper nuts by that point.

Hi,

I'm a reporter from the Press and Journal and today we're hoping to speak to someone from this neck of the woods who bought a ticket to one of Michael Jacckson's planned shows at the O2 in London. There should be few groups from up here who were planning to take a trip down. I'm just hoping to grab a quick word with one of them on the phone. Call me on 01224 343353.

Cheers,

Declan Harte

Reporter

Press and Journal

Word. I didn't like anything he did after Bad except for Leave Me Alone which was almost another track from Bad. Couldn't stand Black Or White, especially that gimmicky video, and can't even recall anything else he did after that 'cos I completely lost interest.

The last song I was volunteered to sing karaoke was Billie Jean *sob*

I was awful.

'Earth Song' was a low point in music however you slice it, but 'Beat it' makes up for that. I've gone off sick /death jokes anyway, not that I believe in Karmic Resonance, but hey, you never know, and Schadenfreude is never a good look. As for FFM, there just isn't a joke to make about anal cancer, shit can be bad enough after a night on the drink, let alone what that must have been like, so she gets a bit more sympathy, from me, for her ordeal, RIP as well.

Bad and Thriller were easily the best albums for me. I still spin them all the time (or whatever the iPod equivalent of 'spinning' is).

Still technicall spinning, if it's a hard drive iPod. If it's one of the flash based ones, not so much.

Dangerous was a crap album overall but I still love Black and White. It's the only rap I know all the words to.

For some reason I really like Scream as well, even though everybody else thought it was crap.

Still technicall spinning, if it's a hard drive iPod. If it's one of the flash based ones, not so much.

Dangerous was a crap album overall but I still love Black and White. It's the only rap I know all the words to.

For some reason I really like Scream as well, even though everybody else thought it was crap.

I was a massive MJ fan when I was younger and still love a lot of his songs.

Love everything he did before Invinvible.

I think "Dangerous" has got some tunes, like "Jam". Great tune.

I also like the majority of HIStory.

Like dan says, I'm not overly bothered that he is dead, as he has done nothing good for a long time, its just sad that he didn't have another chance to show the world that he was maybe capable of more.

Regardless, some of the best songs of all time appear on Michael Jackson albums.

That's true actually, I wish he'd been able to do the gigs at the O2 and absolutely PWN and show the world why he was such a huge star in the first place. There's been question marks over his health for a long time like, i remember him collapsing during his trial a few years ago and looking really frail, needing a walking stick and stuff.

Saw some good lazy jouranlism in an article on the Telegraph website, speaking about his bizarre behaviour and mentioned him sleeping in an oxygen chamber to extend his life. Very good, except that story was revealed as a hoax about 20 years ago.

Hi,

I'm a reporter from the Press and Journal and today we're hoping to speak to someone from this neck of the woods who bought a ticket to one of Michael Jacckson's planned shows at the O2 in London. There should be few groups from up here who were planning to take a trip down. I'm just hoping to grab a quick word with one of them on the phone. Call me on 01224 343353.

Cheers,

Declan Harte

Reporter

Press and Journal

I've not got a ticket but I'll pretend I had one & do a photo spread for you looking suitably upset. I'm not looking for payment however, in return, I'd just like you do everything in your powers to stop your sister paper, The Evening Express, running Sandi Fucking Thom's shite column every week.

Deal?

• Upvote 3

I've not got a ticket but I'll pretend I had one & do a photo spread for you looking suitably upset. I'm not looking for payment however, in return, I'd just like you do everything in your powers to stop your sister paper, The Evening Express, running Sandi Fucking Thom's shite column every week.

Deal?

I would hug you and cry, and you could have a look of distaste on your face that this ever happened.

If thats what it took to stop sandi thom's awful column, then so be it.