aberdeen-music

Veggie Restaurant in Aberdeen?

In a nutshell, no.

Believe it or not the best veggie selection I've seen up here was at the Jimmy Chung's all you can eat buffet. There were 10 of us, 5 being vegetarians. They made us our own dishes, about 3 different platters for each of the three coruses, all at the same price as the buffet, all for just our table.

My folks are both vegetarian and they like Christos just off of George Street. Obviously would depend on whether you liked Greek food but I think you can get something different and it seems good for veggies. Plus if it is for an occasion they are quite welcoming for parties and can get quite lively the later the night goes on.

In a nutshell, no.

Believe it or not the best veggie selection I've seen up here was at the Jimmy Chung's all you can eat buffet. There were 10 of us, 5 being vegetarians. They made us our own dishes, about 3 different platters for each of the three coruses, all at the same price as the buffet, all for just our table.

Last year we went there, and one of our lot was Veggie. He just asked for a certain dish, and they brought it right to him. Fuckload of the stuff n'all.

Good stuff that. It's just a shame the last time I went there, the chicken was cold, pink and raw, and there was a chunk of gristle the size of a tooth in the middle of a slice of Char Sui Pork. Can't imagine eating there again for a long time, if ever.

Last year we went there, and one of our lot was Veggie. He just asked for a certain dish, and they brought it right to him. Fuckload of the stuff n'all.

Good stuff that. It's just a shame the last time I went there, the chicken was cold, pink and raw, and there was a chunk of gristle the size of a tooth in the middle of a slice of Char Sui Pork. Can't imagine eating there again for a long time, if ever.

I've not been back in a long time, last time it was awful and I used to really like that place :(

Not likely that there's a dedicated restaurant for vegetarians, but I'm looking for a place that puts on a good selection of veggie dishes (not just macaroni) that would be suitable for a special occasion.

Does such a place exist up here?

the blue moon (holburn street) does a whole heap of quality curry dishes using quorn, excellent stuff, i highly recommend.

not such a big selection, but excellent vegetarian food, try royal thai on crown street...

I can aree with meze house or whatever it is called, and jimmy chungs is amazing if there are a few of you!

You can't really go wrong with italien or indian either, both always have plenty of veggie dishes and alternatives.

It is really hard to find a decent selection of veggie food in an aberdeen restaraunt, stereo and stage 13 in glasgow are brilliant, and there is a few really nice veggie restaraunts in edinburgh too.

If time isn't an issue, Cafe Drummonds are aparantly re-opening the kitchen, and if the menu is anything like it was when they had the restaraunt at the tunnels that shouold be a winner for veggie and vegan food.

As an anecdote I do remember hearing about a printed menu in Scotland that had the following written on it.

VEGETATION OPTION:

Fuck off

Which (if you're not a vegetarian) is pretty funny.

As an anecdote I do remember hearing about a printed menu in Scotland that had the following written on it.

VEGETATION OPTION:

Fuck off

Which (if you're not a vegetarian) is pretty funny.

Aye the chef of that establishment was found to have mad cow

disease which was hilarious....

your* cooking it wrong mate... the amount of non vegetarians i have fooled with quorn pieces is remarkable**

* = aberdeen music "you're"

** = slight exageration

I don't eat meat and I'm not big on Quorn either, I don't like much of that meat-replacement stuff. I had a really nice Veggie Chilli from Asda's surprisingly brilliant Veggie Ready-Meal selection which had the completely unnecesary addition of Quorn-style mince. Whenever I make veggie chilli from scratch I just use vegetables and various beans and it's much better.

As Dave said Aberdeen could totally benefit from a dedicated veggie place like they have in Glasgow. Haven't been in Stereo yet but I have a friend who works there and she loves the food. Mono is brilliant, I have wasted days in there.