aberdeen-music

Jimmy Carr at The Music Hall

Lemonade

Jimmy Carr's book "The Naked Jape" was quite funny. The guy's laugh certainly isn't though. Sometimes i feel like killing Sean Locke just so there would be one less reason for Jimmy Carr to laugh in the world. The guy's laugh is like nails down a chalkboard or sand in my japper.

that rape joke is really really old. jimmy carr is not funny, and to be honest isn't a proper comedian. He just tells jokes (which generally aren't even his).

oh, he's also a pompous twat.

That's not true at all, half his set is telling jokes, the other half is taking questions and comments from the audience and responding. The one-liners bit do start to get a little tiring but the questions and comments bit is funnier as it's spontaneous and he has to come up with a quick response. Have you seen any of his stand up or just 8 Out Of 10 Cats? And how is he a pompous twat?

Jimmy Carr is funnier than anyone who posts on here. FACT.

Comparing a professional to a bunch of folk killing time on the internet at work doesn't really hold much relevance, does it?

I personally don't like him. I much prefer stand-up to be more obseravtion orientated, or the comedy to be part of a story rather than a reel of one-liners. I've never managed to watch one of his stand-up shows long enough to see him answer questions from the audience, but I've always found his responses on panel quiz shows to be quite predictable. He's embarassed himself a couple fo times on QI with his stone-age gay jokes, involving limp wrists and a camp voice. Not my thing and quite obviously not Stephen Fry's.

At least he's not as bad as that Macintyre fella from Mock The Week (occasionally). I can't remember his first name, but I think I actually hate him.

Comparing a professional to a bunch of folk killing time on the internet at work doesn't really hold much relevance, does it?

I personally don't like him. I much prefer stand-up to be more obseravtion orientated, or the comedy to be part of a story rather than a reel of one-liners. I've never managed to watch one of his stand-up shows long enough to see him answer questions from the audience, but I've always found his responses on panel quiz shows to be quite predictable. He's embarassed himself a couple fo times on QI with his stone-age gay jokes, involving limp wrists and a camp voice. Not my thing and quite obviously not Stephen Fry's.

At least he's not as bad as that Macintyre fella from Mock The Week (occasionally). I can't remember his first name, but I think I actually hate him.

Ah if anyone was going to get overly concerned by my post it was you.

What comedians do you enjoy out of interest?

Ah if anyone was going to get overly concerned by my post it was you.

What comedians do you enjoy out of interest?

I can't say I was concerned by any means. It was just a daft thing to say.

I like Richard Pryor, Jerry Seinfeld and Eddie Izzard. I quite like Henry Rollins too, but that's more spoken word than comedy. His anger is pretty funny however.

• 3 weeks later...
That's not true at all, half his set is telling jokes, the other half is taking questions and comments from the audience and responding. The one-liners bit do start to get a little tiring but the questions and comments bit is funnier as it's spontaneous and he has to come up with a quick response. Have you seen any of his stand up or just 8 Out Of 10 Cats? And how is he a pompous twat?

I have sen his stand-up (not live, on dvd) It was poopy pants.

He's a pompous twat in that he is both pompous, and a twat.

The job of a comedian is ultimately to tell jokes surely?

No, it is to be funny - not to exclusively tell jokes.