aberdeen-music

albums you rediscover

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell
thanks to jo macafferty i have just rediscovered the wonders of the incredible string band - chelsea sessions 1967' date=' wondrous acid fuelled late 60's acoustic meanderings.

and i love rediscovering morrissey and the smiths, always a joy![/quote']

yeah i have been listening to those jomac tracks off of her website, marvellous, hopefully be there on sunday :up:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed' date=' dug out 'Amorica' recently too, top banana![/quote']

The Black Crowes are great.

Three Snakes and Amorica are definitely more for the persevering fan.

Their debut is without doubt my favourite - great cover of Otis Redding's "hard to handle" I would say that Southern Harmony Musical Companion is their second best...

"Can you sting me!"

The album "live at the greek" with Jimmy Page is fantastic too, but the BC's make senile old Jimmy seem rubbish in comparison!

I haven't listened to the black crowes in years... my dad loves them!

Guest stuartmaxwell

she is beautiful and talented too!could be a first :p

will we be hearing some smiths on sunday? cough*i have a still ill fetish at the moment*cough

Guest RockMonkey

Methinks beer goggles are back in fashion boys! far from beautiful! For solid proof see the EE in the next few days, photographic evidence provided...

Guest stuartmaxwell

but the evening express doesnt cover local...oh never mind, i believe that debate is in another thread somewhere

ha, i rarely buy that paper, that tone deaf foolio del franklin "contributes" to it :p ho ho achoo

i do buy every once in a while for the jobs

Guest RockMonkey
but the evening express doesnt cover local...oh never mind' date=' i believe that debate is in another thread somewhere

ha, i rarely buy that paper, that tone deaf foolio del franklin "contributes" to it :p ho ho achoo

i do buy every once in a while for the jobs[/quote']

Oh I've seen the debate. I am preparing myself for a thorough lambasting! :help: What a sell out I must be :moody: ...oh and no I don't work for Aberdeen Journals...

On a lighter note, I am looking forward to a wide and varied range of music on Sunday. I reckon an Incredible String Band revival is just around the corner! :partyboy:

jo

x

thing is most of them have been covered in my wee peice so everyone in the aberdeen 'scene' has officially sold out!

yeah with you on the incredible string band, be bringing some syb barrett and kitchen cynics with me as well!

and maxwell is right, i am tone deaf cos i used to rate his band orwell (hell i even bloody well booked them for a gig!).

i've also been rediscovering my own songs, does that count?

nae bother, i really wanted to go but lack of funds kept me at home posting crap on this messageboard.

actually just found one of neil's albums 'from the brighter side of her midnight sun' didnt even know i had it! looking forward to listening to it after john peel.

thing is most of them have been covered in my wee peice so everyone in the aberdeen 'scene' has officially sold out!

yeah with you on the incredible string band' date=' be bringing some syb barrett and kitchen cynics with me as well!

and maxwell is right, i am tone deaf cos i used to rate his band orwell (hell i even bloody well booked them for a gig!).

i've also been rediscovering my own songs, does that count?[/quote']

I'll hopefully have the debut of a track from Emma Forman's new band Baby Karma for you to play too.

Hope you've got some Weird Al Yankovic ;-)

Cheers

Stuart

shit sadly no' date=' wish i had 'eat it' feel free to bring it down.

i do have frank butcher vs eminem, hardly the same though....[/quote']

I'll try to find some, I have some classic Weird Al, Jo, you got your Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band CD ?

Have some Python too... "Isn't it awfully nice to haver a penis..."

Cheers

Stuart