aberdeen-music

albums you rediscover

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

oooh, for the first time in ages i dug out the excellent "see you on the other side" by mercury rev, which i got for 3 about 5 years ago, its soooo good, a bit like corn flakes really i.e. you forget how good it initially was

"nature creates freaks" by cay too, except i have lost this release, :(, what a great band they were

please share....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photek - Modus Operendi

Lee Perry - Super Ape

If DJ was your trade - exc dub / toasting compilation from Blood & Fire Records

Guided by Voices - Do you want me in your head ? Whats beyond your shattered eyesights ? - This has led me into a GBV buying / copying spree !

First 2 Kraftwerk albums - with the red & green cones...

Guest stuartmaxwell
Morrissey's Viva Hate album. Not so good as Vauxhall and I but still pretty impressive.

I've been on a major Smiths and Moz trip the past few months. I just can't get enough.

i have only just started getting into the smiths and mozza recently, i really love "still ill" and "i know its over" such ace tunes, mozzas new album is pretty decent but i need to explore the smiths and mozza more-i need more damn you! :swearing::partyboy:

Skyscraper's "Superstate" continually creeps back to my stereo after being forgtten fr months on end - a cracking britrock album that holds its own against Troublegum and Pure....

And Kerbdog's "On The Turn" is simply one of the finest albums ever made, yet I still forget all about it for months at a time....

i reckon its their best album by a long way' date=' not a bad song on it, always sounds really fresh :up:[/quote']

One of the albums i know every single word to. I only rap it on my own though, that would be a hideous sight for someone if they saw my white ass rapping!!

thanks to jo macafferty i have just rediscovered the wonders of the incredible string band - chelsea sessions 1967, wondrous acid fuelled late 60's acoustic meanderings.

and i love rediscovering morrissey and the smiths, always a joy!