aberdeen-music

Psychoville

Le Stu

why is it UK series are 6 ep's and US 24?!

I don't know. It's always been tradition, as far as I recall, for BBC comedy series to run for 6 half hour episodes. Maybe it's something to do with advertising, like they don''t have time to figure out the demographic of the average viewer in a short run.

At least we get the full half hour though!

I don't know. It's always been tradition, as far as I recall, for BBC comedy series to run for 6 half hour episodes. Maybe it's something to do with advertising, like they don''t have time to figure out the demographic of the average viewer in a short run.

It tends to be that in American comedies, they have a bigger writing team behind the scenes and so have more ideas bouncing around to last for more episodes, whereas here, it's usually either one person alone or maybe four/five at the most.

I am loving this though. So disturbing. All you can expect from Pemberton and Shearsmith :D

Ep4 was grand indeed, and a real departure from the previous episodes. The whole scene with the one room had a suitably theatrical feel to it and it just got funnier and more disturbingly surreal as the panic and inevitablity of the situation was drawn to its logical conclusion.