aberdeen-music

Misery Signals, Your Demise, The Number 12 Looks Like You, My Minds Weapon @ Tunnels

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, i just creamed and shat my pants at the same time! Misery Signals in Aberdeen!? I'm not worthy...

They played in Aberdeen (moshulu) a couple of years ago dude, with the awesome Textures no less. We played that one too... will never forget that, playing with my 2 favourite bands of the last 5 or 6 years in one night.

They played in Aberdeen (moshulu) a couple of years ago dude, with the awesome Textures no less. We played that one too... will never forget that, playing with my 2 favourite bands of the last 5 or 6 years in one night.

I remember that gig. Was it a few years ago? Wow - Totally thought it was like the tail end of last year for some reason!

Tuesday 17th April 2007 Misery Signals + Textures + Eternal Lord + My Mind's Weapon 8.00 Moshulu ... Still got the poster on my bedroom wall, what an amazing show that really was :up:

yes it has changed venue, it is now at The Tunnels.

Considering the capacity of The Tunnels and the ton of interest i've had on this for tickets already, i'd get one asap! :up:

For all weapon fans,

come see Ben Timpson play his last ever show for My Minds Weapon.

He helped form the band back in 2003 and will now do vocals for them one last time, playing alongside one of their favourite bands.

• 2 weeks later...
Tuesday 17th April 2007 Misery Signals + Textures + Eternal Lord + My Mind's Weapon 8.00 Moshulu ... Still got the poster on my bedroom wall, what an amazing show that really was :up:

Ah moshulu. Don't think i've in that building in years. I don't think they have put on any good metal or hardcore shows lately. I could be proven wrong.

Ah moshulu. Don't think i've in that building in years. I don't think they have put on any good metal or hardcore shows lately. I could be proven wrong.

I can't think of a decent one since Poison the Well in April 2008, That was a good night :) Also got my ticket for this gig too!

I'm i mistaken or didn't that sho get cancel because of flooding. I remember the dundee show getting canceled because of the gallows singer.

Lol I can't actually remember. I have seen them before I know that and I remember seeing them in that month but I woulda been away from Aberdeen cos of Holidays... probably was in another city. My memory is really patchy at the best of times!

If it's not PTW then As I Lay Dying and Turisas played in March 2008, Dark Tranquillity in Feb 2008 (that was an amazing night but absolutely no one turned up!!! Musta have been 100 people at most. 2 rows of people in front of the barriers and the rest of the place was empty) and Darkest Hour were January 2008. How I long for those days again :)

There were always good shows in there as i remember some of the best were..

Himsa

Cephalic Carnage

Dead to Fall

Darkest Hour

As I Lay Dying

Remembering Never

Sikth

Don't really get those sort of bands up here no more, got to travel 3 hours down the road. Which is a shame because those shows were always busy.

Himsa

Cephalic Carnage

Dead to Fall

Darkest Hour

As I Lay Dying

Remembering Never

Sikth

Don't really get those sort of bands up here no more, got to travel 3 hours down the road. Which is a shame because those shows were always busy.

Himsa was a great gig as were the Shai Hulud, Alexisonfire, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive gigs.

You're right though, not much like that happens up here any more.

Himsa was a great gig as were the Shai Hulud, Alexisonfire, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive gigs.

You're right though, not much like that happens up here any more.

The Alexisonfire gig is probs in my top 3 ever. It was such a good night after that Saosin left. My god they were terrible.

When did Himsa play here? I only moved up here in Sept 2007 so I think Alexisonfire was the first proper gig I went to here. Himsa were incredible live. Saw with Architects, Darkest Hour and As I Lay Dying the week before i cam to uni and they totally stole the show. Pettibone is a legend :)

The Alexisonfire gig is probs in my top 3 ever. It was such a good night after that Saosin left. My god they were terrible.

When did Himsa play here? I only moved up here in Sept 2007 so I think Alexisonfire was the first proper gig I went to here. Himsa were incredible live. Saw with Architects, Darkest Hour and As I Lay Dying the week before i cam to uni and they totally stole the show. Pettibone is a legend :)

Saosin are a great band!

Alexisonfire was a big disappointment in my opinion. They were so much better at ABC the night after and even the band said the same.

As I Lay Dying was a great gig, pity Glamour Of The Kill were supporting :down:

Himsa

Cephalic Carnage

Dead to Fall

Darkest Hour

As I Lay Dying

Remembering Never

Sikth

I was at all of theese gigs asfar as memory serves, i didnt realise quite how lucky we were to have thoose kinda gigs up here untill they stopped happening... bring back 05'

:up:

Saosin are a great band!

Alexisonfire was a big disappointment in my opinion. They were so much better at ABC the night after and even the band said the same.:

Saosin were a band id heardd only a few times before the show, but really like what i hear, their live show instantly shot them upto one of my favorite bands, completley brilliant band!

and i think you are right about the Alexisonfire thing, i didnt see them in ABC but ive seen them a few times bfore and after that show, and they were 10x better, i ddont think moshulu really suited them well as a venue TBH

:down:

Saosin are a great band!

Alexisonfire was a big disappointment in my opinion. They were so much better at ABC the night after and even the band said the same.

As I Lay Dying was a great gig, pity Glamour Of The Kill were supporting :down:

I just hate Saosin I suppose so nothing they coulda done that night would have impressed me. They put a lot of effort in for sure so credit there but I don't like their music

Glamour of the Kill supported Darkest Hour too :( That was a terrible night. DH put on a poor performance too by their standards. Seen em 3 times and was by far the worse. Then again I saw them co headlining with Between the Buried and Me so nothing will top that I doubt

Just need to get some more promoters that can get those sort of bands up here, but not every has the money to cover if no one up to the shows.

Very true but aside from Dark Tranquillity which was a flop all the 'big' bands I have seen have been absolutely packed and nearly sellouts I would imagine. So is deffo some money to be make (especially for Moshulu judging by how busy the bar is at gigs!)