aberdeen-music

Cast Of The Capital - new EP (Kittiwake Records)

stevealex35

Howdy,

We are very happy to announce that we will be releasing our first official EP through fresh London label Kittiwake Records. For this release, we shall record four tracks with our best engineer buddy Robin Sutherland (who has worked with artists such as Stapleton, Tellison and Jacob's Stories) and then have it mastered by Dave Collins in Los Angeles. We hope you will enjoy listening to this wee collection of pop songs.

From the end of August, you will be able to purchase physical copies of the EP in selected record stores, through Kittiwake's distribution website, our Big Cartel website and direct from us at our live shows. Digitally, the tracks will be available for download on Orchard.

Roll on August!!

We will keep you all up to date with photos from the studio, tracklisting etc...

Keep in touch,

Steve, Matt, Jamie and Ally.

Cast Of The Capital on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Hey there,

It will contain 2 of our current tracks, a re-recording of a slightly older COTC song and a brand new track! We feel like the four selected tracks fit together well :) This will be our first official release, unlike our previous collections of demo tracks (one of which we loosely used the term EP to describe).

Cheers!

This isn't massively related to the discussion of our EP, but I am a little excited so I thought I'd mention that...

Steve Lamacq has chosen to feature us as his 'band of the week' tomorrow night on his BBC Radio 6 show. It is safe to say that we are all delighted about this!! If you tune in Friday (19th) night around 6pm, you will hear a track and a live telephone interview. The link below should take you to the right place...

BBC - 6 Music - Steve Lamacq

agree with all of this. originally i wasn't so keenon them, but the more i listen the more i appreciate the great simple (i say simple in terms of structurer, y'know) song writing and subtle guitar parts. Gonna try get my hands on an EP i think.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are heading to Belladrum Festival in August, you will be able to hear two of these brand new tracks on the Friday, as we are playing in the Seedlings stage then...

Festivals are fun!

Well done guys seems to be getting better and better for ya. Pity you didnt get T!

Keep it going.

Yeah that'd be brilliant, if you come along make sure you say hi! It's meant to be an awesome wee festival...couple of folk I have spoken to said they much prefer it to Rockness!! Apparently the the Thursday night is great too, heaps of partyish events before the bands begin the next day.

• 3 weeks later...

Studio Progress...

Part 1

Yo folks,

We have been in the studio for 3 days now laying down drums, bass, electric guitar and some vocals. It has been ace fun. To make things even better, Matt recorded the acoustic track completely live in one take today...which was impressive to behold!! As usual Robin is doing an awesome job, helping us make the record sound as fresh and exciting as possible. This collection of songs is definitely a little rockier and poppier than our previous demos, so I advice you to get your dancing shoes ready!! If things go to plan, we should be finished recording in a couple of days time. Which unfortunately means back to work for all of us. Boo hoo.

I can't wait for you lot to hear the new tracks.

What has everyone been up to? Been to see the new Harry Potter film? It's superb. Our guitarist, Mr Watt, will disagree (yet he hasn't seen it, or any of the previous films for that matter. So really, he doesn't deserve to be listened to!!), but I reckon it's the best film of the year so far.

Part 2

Well, our recording session with Robin came to end yesterday (actually it was this morning at 5.30am - Rob was still up mixing the tracks. He is a machine I tell you)!

Although we'll miss nipping down to the studio each day, I can tell you that I could not be happier with the set of tracks we have recorded. The mix of pop, rock and epic (haha, yes!) songs is pretty cool...I hope theres something in there for everyone. The next steps are: send the tracks to Dave Collins in Los Angeles for mastering, have the artwork prepared, prepare for the launch on 5th September. Although we really are itching to let you all hear them...we can't just yet! Keep checking back though.

Cheers for your support as always.

Steve + COTC

If you are heading to Belladrum Festival in August, you will be able to hear two of these brand new tracks on the Friday, as we are playing in the Seedlings stage then...

Festivals are fun!

Just got a comp for Belladrum so will head along to lend my support. Caught you lads at Danana and was very impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

In the run up to it's official launch, we shall be streaming one song per day from our forthcoming EP 'Rotten Kids and Haversacks'! Starting from Monday 24th August, each song will be available to listen for only 24 hours, and will be playable through an imbedded music player in our blog (link below), rather than on our myspace profile player. We hope some of you are looking forward to hearing the tracks! Here at COTC HQ we are rather excited about the songs we recorded with Robin and cannot wait to get them out there.

EP Sneak peak!! - Cast Of The Capital's MySpace Blog |

So, the day by day schedule looks a little like this:

Monday 24th - Comiston Springs

Tuesday 25th - The Witching Hour

Wednesday 26th - Passing The Horse

Thursday 27th - Crematory Blues

Friday 28th - Tree Sleep

Thanks!

COTC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...