aberdeen-music

Simpsons Quotes

Soda Jerk

I've been trying to find a clip of the moment from the episode 'Natural Born Kissers' where Homer and ?Marge are hiding behind some curtains. There's a scene where a woman is putting a jigsaw together and as she puts the second to last piece in announces "Oh! It's a donkey!". The first time I saw this I just about ended myself laughing.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the latst episode, Angry Dad the movie? It was totally insane. I've been a strong defender of new simpsons but that one was no longer simpsons. It was funny enough but far too PoMo and referential. It's sad to say but I think i'm ready to admit it has jumped the shark. Give me good old fashioned donut jokes and aye carumbas back please.

Guest dopethrone

Chief Wiggum: That car thief can't hold his breath forever.

Lou: And if he can, Chief?

Chief Wiggum: Then God help us all!

and also when the Isotopes win and Lenny and Carl are in Homer's car exchanging punches and saying "Iso-TOPES!" "Iso-TOPES"

Guest dopethrone
Chief Wiggum: That car thief can't hold his breath forever.

Lou: And if he can, Chief?

Chief Wiggum: Then God help us all!

This is more in the delivery than the words. Cant find it on youtube though.

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?

Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.

Homer: Mm-Hmm.

Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Homer: Oh, the hammock district!

Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Gil the Salesman is one of my fave recurring characters....

Gil nearly sells a Canyonero to Homer. When he is just closing up the deal to sell it, a co-worker Stan comes to "take it from there".

Gil: "Well, if you, well ... really? Wow, Hot, hot dog! A sale!"

Stan: "I'll take it from here, Gil."

Gil: "No, wait, no. Aw, you can't take my sale. My wife's going to leave me if I don't start bringing in the green. Come on, let me have this one, Stan, I'm begging you. Look at me, I'm begging you, Stan."

Stan: "Mmmm-hm" (he walks into his office with Homer) "Let's go write this up, shall we?"

Gil calling his wife on a rotary cell phone: "Honey, you should have seen me with my last customer, I ... no, but I came so close. This guy was as ... Whose voice is that? Is that Fred? ... Aw, you said it was over ... No, don't put him on -- Hello, Fred, h-hi."