aberdeen-music

The Lemonheads

Bigsby

One of my favourite bands. Still never seen them even though I had 2 oppertunities to, but they were in massive venues and didn't even half sell out apparently. Probably would have been crap.

I did have the pleasure of seeing Ben Deily's new-ish band, Varsity Drag, a few years ago. Played some old Lemonheads covers from the first 3 albums. Mainly the 3rd album actually, and a couple of later Lemonheads stuff he didn't even play on. Pretty great.

The last album was grand. Especially the two songs Bill Stevenson wrote which just sound like slowed down Descendents, just as you'd expect. Haven't heard the new album yet. Is it out yet?

If it's the covers album it came out on Monday and it's shit.

Well, good to have an opposing view, I thought it was good, except a wierd electronic song with Kate Moss and a frankly unnecessary version of Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. But the single I Just Can't Take It Anymore is one of the best things I've herard in ages.

Well, good to have an opposing view, I thought it was good, except a wierd electronic song with Kate Moss and a frankly unnecessary version of Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. But the single I Just Can't Take It Anymore is one of the best things I've herard in ages.

I'll give you the single being passable, but the cover of 'Beautiful' was cringeworthy. I got the impression that they've finally cottoned on to the fact that they are only famous for a cover and are now clutching at straws. I thought their last studio album was pretty poor as well to be honest. Diff'rent Strokes for diff'rent folks though.

Do you like any of their albums? The last one doesn't sound much different from their mid 90's output except that it was recorded much much better. Also, Bill Stevenson is a better songwriter than Evan Dando, and it shows.

I guess its a shame they are only famous for a cover. I don't really like that cover much myself either.

Do you like any of their albums? The last one doesn't sound much different from their mid 90's output except that it was recorded much much better. Also, Bill Stevenson is a better songwriter than Evan Dando, and it shows.

I guess its a shame they are only famous for a cover. I don't really like that cover much myself either.

I have all their albums in some format or another and i like pretty much all them up to the last one.

The new album is in One Up at 9.99.

'It's A Shame About Ray' is an amazing album even omitting Mrs. Robinson which was tacked onto later copies following it's popularity, loads of great songs. In fact I would say it's one of those albums that is near perfect. And only a half hour long, sweet, doesn't outstay it's welcome.

'Come On Feel The Lemonheads' was pretty close in terms of quality. 'car Button Cloth' was abit hit or miss, probably due to escalating drugginess. I thought that last one was nae bad personally.