aberdeen-music

Session Guitarist Jobs

paime

I couldn't find the right forum for this one so i thought i'd stick it here. Im looking to get into session guitar work but have absolutely no idea where to start! Does anyone know if there is this kind of work going about Aberdeen? If there is, is it a closed community thats difficult to get into? I've been playing for nearly 10 years now and can play a broad range of styles/genres. Any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers!

:up:

the lack of session work up here comes from the fact that there is a lack of "pop stars" or people who take recording and playing seriously enough to bother bringing in a session player.

It's something I'm interested in as well, but I don't think Aberdeen is the place for it.

Guest droid

Even in London the session scene has kind of dried up,due to the closure of many of the big studios and the non development of artists.Try and get yourself out playing so people know your'e there,so if something comes up your'e name will get mentioned.I sometimes need guitars on my stuff,so i'll pm you if i need a guitarist.Good luck

As crappy (do you get the pun...?) as my job is, im pretty sure i'd chose sitting in a chair surfing the BBC news website over rubbing shit for a living. Having said that, is there any monetary value in shiny poo? Could this be the start of a new business venture?

I couldn't find the right forum for this one so i thought i'd stick it here. Im looking to get into session guitar work but have absolutely no idea where to start! Does anyone know if there is this kind of work going about Aberdeen? If there is, is it a closed community thats difficult to get into? I've been playing for nearly 10 years now and can play a broad range of styles/genres. Any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers!

:up:

I occassionally need a session guitarist. I'll pm you whenever.