aberdeen-music

download

ben_1903

who went then?

Im just back, discussion thread time?

in my opinion:

limp bizkit = best band of the festival

slipknot = major disapointment. Sloppy, especially joey jordison. Only played 1.5 hours, which is very poor for a headliner. I expected 2 or 2.5

Other than that major highlights for me were fightstar, chris cornel, papa roach, architects, trivum (i wanted to hate them, but they were great). Journey aswell - cheesetastic.

Other lowlights - down (boring) devil driver (boring) and black stone cherry (pub rock, not really sure what the fuss is about)

I didn't see faith no more, i was rather ill at the time.

who went then?

Im just back, discussion thread time?

in my opinion:

limp bizkit = best band of the festival

slipknot = major disapointment. Sloppy, especially joey jordison. Only played 1.5 hours, which is very poor for a headliner. I expected 2 or 2.5

Other than that major highlights for me were fightstar, chris cornel, papa roach, architects, trivum (i wanted to hate them, but they were great). Journey aswell - cheesetastic.

Other lowlights - down (boring) devil driver (boring) and black stone cherry (pub rock, not really sure what the fuss is about)

I didn't see faith no more, i was rather ill at the time.

Limp Bizkit were awesome, best band easily closely followed by The Prodigy who just blew me away.

Worst Band by a clear mile was Marilyn Manson. I've never seen such a shoddy, unenthusiastic, self-wankathon that was that bands set. Couldn't even play Sweet Dreams properly, lost all respect I had for them that night.

Don't agree with you about Slipknot, I thought they were definitely on form (from the last 6 or 7 songs I saw after Prodigy finished). The outside night-time aspect of the festival really added to their show, a big thumbs up from me. :up:

DragonForce were my big surprise of the weekend, as everything I've seen of them has led me to think of them as a terrible live band, nothing could be further from the truth! They were excellent, couldn't fault them.

Also Dream Theater... what a fucking band!! I think I actually felt the gravitational pull of the Earth alter as I heard Petrucci play!!

I sadly missed the prodigy as i went to slipknot. I really thought slipknot were pretty average, which is a shame as i was really excited to see them.

I'd forgotten about killswitch - they were immense, and howard is a brilliant frontman, so much presence and clearly a nice bloke too.

Pendulum were also really boring i thought. I had hoped they'd be good but it afer a few tracks the same drumbeat and annoying keyboard tone fronted by a tim westwood-a-like gets pretty old.

Pendulum were also really boring i thought. I had hoped they'd be good but it afer a few tracks the same drumbeat and annoying keyboard tone fronted by a tim westwood-a-like gets pretty old.

I'll agree with that. They even butchered Master of Puppets to fit into their usual tempo and EVERY drum beat goes: Dum.....chi.....dum, chi

But seriously, Faith No More were my band of the weekend, Patton was just fantastic, great, great vocalist. Opeth were as great as usual, Dream Theater were great and I'm very glad I couldn't choose between Slipknot and Prodigy and went to see Anvil instead, very entertaining.

Limp Bizkit were fucking awesome too and I don't care who knows it.

I thought dream theatre were technically outstanding, but could have had a bit more energy/passion about them.

I should also mention at this point that the dominos pizza stand was much appreciated.

However, did anyone else feel that 5 taps between 80,000 people for water the arena was taking the piss?

And positioning the drinking water right between the urinals and shitters in blue camp was pretty retarded aswell.