aberdeen-music

Fish

Bigsby

A lot of it is complete bollocks, obviously I don't know the ins and outs of much of it but some of what she is saying is definitely crap, especially the stuff about his daughter, also strange that it came 1 week aftyer he got remarried, after 8 years of divorce strange she comes up with it now. Also amusing being that you'd think she never wants to see him again and was tortured, and yet she keeps turning up unnanounced at his gigs etc.

His response is as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear FishHeads, Freaks, fans and the Company,

I have never been someone who has run away from issues and have always tried to be straight and up front about my problems in Life, taking advice from my old press officers Brian Munns at EMI and Keith Goodwin who advised me way back that to "lie and deny" is not the best policy as you will always be found out.

Today in the parochial version of the "News of the World", the one only released in Scotland, my ex wife has sold an "exclusive" story about her life with me for the princely sum of 7000 (as far as I have been told through acquaintances).

For a number of people who know me well and were about during the "dark ages" the stories are not new but have a perspective which to say the least is unbalanced.

I refused to talk to the News of the World as I did not want to verify or deny any of the articles choosing to leave it in the hands of my lawyers.

I will be having discussions with my lawyers and press advisors tomorrow to determine the best way to approach these "revelations".

I don't want to go into any more details at present but I can say that Katie and I were aware of the impending story for quite a number of weeks and the timing was very deliberate, cynical and cruel.

It's been a shadow hanging over us for a while and we had hoped that the story would disappear as it was obviously sold on the "profile" of our quiet and intimate wedding arrangements which she was aware of.

I would have liked to have thought that after being separated for 9 years and officially divorced since 2003 that my ex wife would have let things lie but obviously she feels differently.

You can read her "true story" about our marriage at

Try the following steps | News | News Of The World

and if you care to post to the "journalist" in question you can at jacqueline.mcghie@notw.co.uk

I'll let it lie there for now as there are a number of issues I have to deal with at present the most pressing and immediate of which is cooking a roast chicken dinner for my wife! :-)

lots of love

Onkel Fish x

PS There's a clip of "Kayleigh" performed live at the wedding in '87 on the NOTW website.(Bruce Dickinson on bongo duties)

Must talk to EMI publishing about the permissions and royalties :-D

PPS There's also a link to the "Kayleigh" video, check out the size of the pupils on the actress! ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish is no Angel and the drink and drugs stories are hardly new, but I definitely can't imagine him beating her and their daughter.

Sad that any relationship has come to this, but I find it difficult to believe the whole - I lived a great lifestyle, had money, took lots of drugs and drank but I hated every minute of it and was made to do it... doesnt quite ring true...

Also liked the line that they had to do all their talking through a phrasebook and he spent all that date telling her to leave her boyfriend... thats not a bad phrasebook...

However worth it for the video showing Bruce Duickinson playing bongos :p

Cheers

Stuarr

I look forward to him succesfully taking legal action against the News of the World like Max Mosely and, er, Tommy Sheridan did.

Well it's about proving the truth and there are ways he can do that including his daughter verifying that whats been said isnt true, I'll be intersted to see what his lawyers advise him to do,m I'd guess he's not bothered about the drugs claims etc but is bothered about accusations of beating his wife and daughter.

Yeah, so she was asking for it?

all women ask for it........joke

I more ment that it would appear that she has done this just when he is getting married as she would have been able to get that little bit more money for it, must be hard, 9 years later when your bank balance is getting a bit small, to get over those things.

I tend to think that anyone who sells any shite to the Murdoch press (or similar) is very suspicious, but that wasn't even very funny; Rock Musician took drugs and was SelFish, Exposed!! Fish; Need Water to Breathe-SHOCKER!!!!

Sometimes I almost wish there was a God, and afterlife etc etc, Just so that I could know that Murdoch et al would get what he deserves, but there isn't, and existence isn't fair, sometimes* bad people get away with badness.

*Often, even.

Must say that I have to regard any such story in the NOTW with the utmost suspicion.

I don't expect either party to be squeaky clean but the reputation of that paper goes far before it.

Absolutely. Therefore if this is untrue then he's in a great position to get lots of cash out of them through a defamation case, like Tommy Sheridan. I certainly wouldn't sit back and do nothing if somebody was accusing me of being a wife/child beater.

Absolutely. Therefore if this is untrue then he's in a great position to get lots of cash out of them through a defamation case, like Tommy Sheridan. I certainly wouldn't sit back and do nothing if somebody was accusing me of being a wife/child beater.

Exactly. You'd go round and beat up their wife and kids. :up:

• Upvote 2

Except for the fact he has to drag his daughter through the courts to do it, something he does not want to do.

His latest response is as follows:

----------------------------------------

It has been a tough couple of days for myself and Katie as we have been dealing with the fallout from the article in the News of the World.

I admit to having raged on reading what I considered was a very unbalanced and exaggerated disclosure which was badly written and contained a number of general factual errors that could have been easily rectified with due diligence and without my input.

I had known about the existence but not the content of the article for quite a few weeks and it had originally been scheduled to be printed two weeks before our wedding.

I had been suspicious when I received yet another unwanted phone call from my ex wife in early May asking me for verification on a number of events concerning incidents in our marriage. I only took the call as she mentioned it had to do with our daughter. She was obviously drunk and kept returning to specific themes which were in the most nonsensical. I asked if the call was being recorded or if someone was listening in to the conversation. She denied both. When she began raving down the line I terminated the call.

A few days after a friend of mine told me that he had been contacted by the News of the World to verify some information.

I soon discovered that the thrust of the piece was on domestic violence and was wrapped up in a "sex, drugs and rock and roll" story which had been sold to the newspaper by my ex wife.

It didn't come as much of a surprise as I had been expecting such a move for quite a while and with an impending marriage the timing was cynical, malicious and deliberately intended to be hurtful.

My ex wife had moved back to Haddington in December 2007 soon after her second husband was imprisoned on drug offences.

She left me in 2001 for another man in Berlin when I was 900,000 in debt and close to bankruptcy.

She was returning when I had cleared all my debts and established a new home and was still recovering from the debacle of the Summer of 2007.

Tara had gone to Berlin with her mother in 2001 as I was unable to look after her while I attempted sort out the financial mess I had been left with through perpetual touring. During the 4 years our daughter was in Berlin I financially supported her and bailed out my ex wife on a number of occasions despite my own problems. Tara returned to Scotland in 2005 to live with me.

Returning in 2007 for our daughter's sake was not, it appeared, the principal reason and before she came over I made her very aware that I had no interest in rekindling any sort of relationship and that I did not welcome her presence in Haddington.

During 2008 my relationship with our daughter deteriorated as her mother became more influential resulting in a number of major arguments that came to a head with Tara leaving home in November. The disruption caused by my ex wife was no coincidence as I by then was involved in a relationship which was obviously special.

Although I am currently estranged from our daughter I was sad to read the version of events in the NOTW article as related by my ex wife.

I strongly disagree with what was said and as with a number of incidents mentioned in the article there are witnesses who have a very different perspective on what happened.

In saying all that I have no intention of taking legal action against the News of the World over this article.

I do not believe that bringing my 18 year old daughter into a wrangle between my ex wife and myself is a decent or adult approach and as my daughter is attempting to sort her own life out at the moment she does not need the emotional trauma of being asked to testify against her parents in a court case or exposed to a tit-for-tat newspaper war which would benefit no one except the publishers.

Judging by the standard of journalism exhibited in most scandal sheets I would never trust my side of the story to be properly represented and have also decided not to retaliate on the same low despicable level as employed by my ex wife.

I was asked to be interviewed and was "door stepped" by the journalist in question for my responses to the accusations. I refused as it would only have given more credence to the article and made my ex wife's claims appear genuine.

I will deal with the history of events from my perspective in my book in a less sensational manner and will readily document my part in what became a dark travesty of a marriage.

I am no angel and did more than my fair share of "sex, drugs and rock and roll". Nobody died!

I have never been warned, arrested or charged with any count of violence and in my divorce there was no mention of domestic violence.

However, I am not the devil portrayed in the article by a sad, bitter woman who resents my current happiness with Katie and who has gone out of her way to disrupt our lives and cause as much pain as possible through using our own daughter against us.

Retribution?

I'll just leave it to Karma.

Fish

--------------------------------------------------

Except for the fact he has to drag his daughter through the courts to do it, something he does not want to do.

His latest response is as follows:

----------------------------------------

It has been a tough couple of days for myself and Katie as we have been dealing with the fallout from the article in the News of the World.

I admit to having raged on reading what I considered was a very unbalanced and exaggerated disclosure which was badly written and contained a number of general factual errors that could have been easily rectified with due diligence and without my input.

I had known about the existence but not the content of the article for quite a few weeks and it had originally been scheduled to be printed two weeks before our wedding.

I had been suspicious when I received yet another unwanted phone call from my ex wife in early May asking me for verification on a number of events concerning incidents in our marriage. I only took the call as she mentioned it had to do with our daughter. She was obviously drunk and kept returning to specific themes which were in the most nonsensical. I asked if the call was being recorded or if someone was listening in to the conversation. She denied both. When she began raving down the line I terminated the call.

A few days after a friend of mine told me that he had been contacted by the News of the World to verify some information.

I soon discovered that the thrust of the piece was on domestic violence and was wrapped up in a "sex, drugs and rock and roll" story which had been sold to the newspaper by my ex wife.

It didn't come as much of a surprise as I had been expecting such a move for quite a while and with an impending marriage the timing was cynical, malicious and deliberately intended to be hurtful.

My ex wife had moved back to Haddington in December 2007 soon after her second husband was imprisoned on drug offences.

She left me in 2001 for another man in Berlin when I was 900,000 in debt and close to bankruptcy.

She was returning when I had cleared all my debts and established a new home and was still recovering from the debacle of the Summer of 2007.

Tara had gone to Berlin with her mother in 2001 as I was unable to look after her while I attempted sort out the financial mess I had been left with through perpetual touring. During the 4 years our daughter was in Berlin I financially supported her and bailed out my ex wife on a number of occasions despite my own problems. Tara returned to Scotland in 2005 to live with me.

Returning in 2007 for our daughter's sake was not, it appeared, the principal reason and before she came over I made her very aware that I had no interest in rekindling any sort of relationship and that I did not welcome her presence in Haddington.

During 2008 my relationship with our daughter deteriorated as her mother became more influential resulting in a number of major arguments that came to a head with Tara leaving home in November. The disruption caused by my ex wife was no coincidence as I by then was involved in a relationship which was obviously special.

Although I am currently estranged from our daughter I was sad to read the version of events in the NOTW article as related by my ex wife.

I strongly disagree with what was said and as with a number of incidents mentioned in the article there are witnesses who have a very different perspective on what happened.

In saying all that I have no intention of taking legal action against the News of the World over this article.

I do not believe that bringing my 18 year old daughter into a wrangle between my ex wife and myself is a decent or adult approach and as my daughter is attempting to sort her own life out at the moment she does not need the emotional trauma of being asked to testify against her parents in a court case or exposed to a tit-for-tat newspaper war which would benefit no one except the publishers.

Judging by the standard of journalism exhibited in most scandal sheets I would never trust my side of the story to be properly represented and have also decided not to retaliate on the same low despicable level as employed by my ex wife.

I was asked to be interviewed and was "door stepped" by the journalist in question for my responses to the accusations. I refused as it would only have given more credence to the article and made my ex wife's claims appear genuine.

I will deal with the history of events from my perspective in my book in a less sensational manner and will readily document my part in what became a dark travesty of a marriage.

I am no angel and did more than my fair share of "sex, drugs and rock and roll". Nobody died!

I have never been warned, arrested or charged with any count of violence and in my divorce there was no mention of domestic violence.

However, I am not the devil portrayed in the article by a sad, bitter woman who resents my current happiness with Katie and who has gone out of her way to disrupt our lives and cause as much pain as possible through using our own daughter against us.

Retribution?

I'll just leave it to Karma.

Fish

--------------------------------------------------

But then I suppose he would say that, wouldn't he?

In fairness, though, you are obviously prejudiced against him, finding him guilty and calling him a scumbag in your first post. Therefore it's unlikely anything he says is going to change the opinion you have settled on.

Au contraire, I already said I look forward to these allegations being disproved in court.

Anyhoo, I only called him a scumbag and posted the link to wind up Jester. ;)

I had thought I would have been called on it right away, but the fact that everyone took it seriously did make it better sport. Wabbit season.

Au contraire, I already said I look forward to these allegations being disproved in court.

Anyhoo, I only called him a scumbag and posted the link to wind up Jester. ;)

I had thought I would have been called on it right away, but the fact that everyone took it seriously did make it better sport. Wabbit season.

I knew exactly that you were doing it to wind me up, i commented as much to Mr Cynic on Tuesday, however the reason i posted his comments is becasue it is obviously a very serious allegation, and I felt it was important that his side be represented in any discussion, wind up or otherwise.

Cheers

Stuart

For what it's worth, I would imagine that he probably DID hit his wife, but maybe not his daughter. Saying "I was never charged with anything" isn't really a defence in domestic abuse situations as more often than not the victim (whether male or female) will not report the matter to the police, particularly the first time it happens.

Do you think she would have hit him back?

I just find it all very dodgy that she feels now is the time to tell her side, nine years later, very close to him getting remarried and to the news of the world, actually its prob cause they are the only cunts who would bother publishing something like that.