aberdeen-music

100 Greatest Rock Drummers

Mouse

The thing is how the hell can you come up with a comprehensive list. When you get to that level i.e

'the best' its very hard(nigh on impossible) to distinguish between people cos there's only a certain level you can get to before everyone is more or less the same. Al;though i am disusted that Daniel Erlandson from Arch Enemy isn't in there

Guest Sundaram
His early genesis stuff is what really puts him in the high ranks with me.

I have fond memories of hearing his early solo stuff on the radio when I was a child. :)

Guest Sundaram
Y'see i am growing up in the wrong era

i would love to have grown up listening to the lgendary peel sessions(when they were good) and putting the radio on to proper music.

There's plenty of good music out there, you just have to dig a little bit deeper these days to find it!

Guest Nikola Tesla
phil collins' drumming has been mentioned around the industy as being pish

and that he should just stick to singing. I would whole heartedly agree

The list is just full of famous names

vinnie paul and igor cavalera should def be higher though

Yus someone who agree's with me bout phil collins imo he's over rated. Vinne Paul shud definatly have been higher he rules behind the kit!

All the drummer's I know really rate Phil Collins stuff...

I think some of his drumming is superb, he's know I thought throughout the industry as one of the best drummers in the World, certainly the drummers I know that play professionally really rate him. I mean Robert Plant doesn't use shit drummers and he's worked with him and Cozy Powell in his first solo album.

Cheers

Stuart

I think you're doing Dave Grohl a bit of an injustice, tbh. I may be biased being generally in-awe of the man's overall musical abilities but I do think he's a better drummer than you lot are giving him credit for. Listening to all the different albums he's played on, there's tonnes of variation in style and technique that a lot of drummers are uncapable of.

I was suprised that Jose Incubus was so high, he's good but he's not that good and was suprised that Joey Slipknot wasn't higher.

There's a suprising lack of 'nu-metal' drummers in there - Abe Deftones is fookin' ace.