aberdeen-music

Glastonbury 2004 TV coverage....

delboy

any thoughts on what they've shown so far? been a bit disappointed so far but at least morrissey and muse are playing tonight.

the best thing i stumbled across was a set from ex james singer tim booth who refused to do james songs!

I set the video to tape Friday nite's but taped Channel 4 instead. Bah. Last nite's was all Macca doing his embarrassing Uncle routine, the same one he's been doing since 1969. Was hoping for a bit of Goldfrapp... hey ho. Seems to be less on this year - I suppose they are putting it all on those fancy pants channels that poor people can't get, which is a shame, cuz live music is marginalised enough on TV already...

honestly paddy having BBC 3, their coverage is not much different and you have to put up with colin murray and edith bowman as well. i did find the tim booth set by chance on BBCi though who also showed Zero 7 (most snoozeworthy as well) which was from the 'new' tent. pissed off though cos spiritualized headlined that tent on friday night and they prob showed that!

yes i saw goldfrapp and thought of you, by jove miss goldfrapp has bad cellulite and thunder thighs but it was a great show (better than black eyed fucking peas), i hated the first album but the current one is ace.

as for macca couldnt have put it better myself, desperately trying to get in with the kids, i think the fact that most the songs he was playing were over 30 years old sums it up really.

did also enjoy the breif snippets they showed of von blondies, killers and hope of the states but there's a lot of dross this year.

*astonished*

Why astonished ? I genuinely thought he did a great set, loved 'Band on the run' and the Beatles classics, he gave the fans what bands should do at festival setc imho a greatest hits set. The Beatles were a ground breaking band and when you have bands like Oasis ripping them off left, right and centre then it's great to see an original member getting up there and showing that he could still do it...

Cheers

Stuart

There's no doubting the quality of Macca's back catalogue, and damn right, a real crowd pleaser... what I find cringeworthy is everything between the songs though! Paul McCartney was the world's first embarrassing Uncle - see the 'Let It Be' film, Paul in the studio, bearded in a tanktop, coming out with his excruciating 'hey, remember when we used to be wierd hippies' speech, met with an uncomfortable silence by his three wierd hippy bandmates. He's done that 'Oh wow man' taking the piss thing for 35 years. It just makes me nauseous.

And Delbert, I like a bit of meat on a woman, don't you?! Speaketh not poorly of a sex goddess, infidel!

i'm really pissed off with BBC3, for no apparent reason they break up the coverage for an hour to show an edition of bodies, morrissey was 2 songs into his set! bastards! and the interactive BBCi coverage doesnt start until after euro 2004 coverage finishes...

they took that usual safe root - lots of joss stone, franz ferninand, macca, oasis, snow patrol, keane, ordinary boys but did show some good stuff.

at least basement jaxx give you a full band instead of two boffins hiding behind lots of machines and smoke (e.g. chemical brothers and orbital)