aberdeen-music

How many times...

Guest Bob

...can you listen to the same song in a row?

I'm going through a really bad phase of listening to just one song over and over again. It started with the title song from Dollhouse (which is amazing by the way), then it moved onto "The Way Down" by The White Tie Affair.

Today, Lady Gaga - Brown Eyes has been on repeat WAY too many times already. I just can't get over how she pronounces her words. It's so under my skin I love it.

I was forced to endure Making Plans for Nigel, Chocolate Girl and Old Red Eyes Is Back constantly looped on the radio in my place of work over one Christmas. It's a testament to the song-writing ability that I still like them despite the sicky feeling. I find it's much the same with Ludwig Van...

i keep forgetting about dollhouse. damn.

Sky+ it?

Apparently it doesn't really get going till around episode 6 which I think is a fairly pivotal episode. The theme is just breathtaking. I'm enchanted by it.

Did you ever catch Joss Whedon's Firefly? That was absolutely brilliant.

I have a top ten of songs that I could happily listen to about 50 times in a row and still want more.

You can't tease us like that and not post the list!

I used to rewind the John Barnes rap in New Order's World In Motion over and over again when I was a young un. I probably still could, because it's great; although nowhere near as great as the Anfield Rap

LIVERPOOL FC IS HARD AS HELL.....

Good grief.

It really does get going by the end, absolutely cracking finale to the season.

I know that all of us here are true aficionados of the story telling process and as such not commonly susceptible to such adolescent distractions as this, but isn't Eliza Dushku just sex on fucking legs?

There's something about her that screams trouble and I like it.

I know that all of us here are true aficionados of the story telling process and as such not commonly susceptible to such adolescent distractions as this, but isn't Eliza Dushku just sex on fucking legs?

There's something about her that screams trouble and I like it.

The fact that essentially she's just a high class whore in Dollhouse makes her even more appealing.

I wholeheartedly agree. :up:

Guest idol_wild
You can't tease us like that and not post the list!

Fine then. I'll get slated for this list, I'm sure. Especially if Tam O'Shantie's fashionablytweescottishband-o-meter has passed it's service and back on the radar.

1. The Twilight Sad - Cold Days From The Birdhouse

2. Wintersleep - The Archeologists

3. Japandroids - Wet Hair

4. The Notwist - Chemicals (when I was a postman in Bridge of Don, I could do my round in about 2 hours and I once listened to this song on repeat for the entire round)

5. The Appleseed Cast - Steps and Numbers

6. Fuck Buttons - Sweet Love for Planet Earth

7. Built to Spill - Else

8. Caspian - Moksha

9. Grouper - Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping

10. Los Campesinos! - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed

11. Vessels - Altered Beast

12. Eluvium - Everything to Come

13. Broken Social Scene Presents: Brendan Canning - Churches Under The Stairs

14. Peter Broderick - And It's Alright

15. Mogwai - Stop Coming To My House

Okay, so I crumbled. That's 15. And I could easily list some more. Music is fucking ace when it hits the spot.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i have the ability to do this with songs in general...if i like them at the time.

I once fell asleep to "Red" by The Locust (the polished version on Follow The Flock, Step In Shit) and woke up to it again the next day but still didn't turn it off until someone came into my room and demanded that I do so.

I once woke up on my sofa with one of 'those' hangovers, maybe more like alcohol poisoning where you have to remain completely still or suddenly you're drenched in sweat and shaking and puking.

Unfortunately, I had Come by Lemon Jelly on repeat. So, I had to just lie there and take it. I still think KY is a fine album, but I have to skip that track a lot of the time.

Aztec Camera- Somewhere In My Heart

Aereogramme- Sunday 3:52

Jimmy Eat World- Just Watch The Fireworks

Jeniferever- Swimming Eyes

Idlewild- Not Just Sometimes But Always

Shai Hulud- Two and Twenty Misfortunes

Further Seems Forever- How To Start A Fire

There are plenty more i could name given a bit more thought and time.

I do this all the time, generally with fairly hypnotic or downbeat tracks later at night. I've been doing this over the last few days with "Keep the streets empty for me" by Fever Ray, but before that it was "Tonight the sky" by Sun Kil Moon.

I'm struggling to think of a really upbeat song I've done this with, mainly because I'll generally be more restless when listening to those kind of tracks and be more likely to jump around artists and songs.

Mogwai ~ Mogwai Fear Satan/Friend of the Night/Thankyou Space Expert/Auto Rock

Dirty Three ~ Deep Waters/Some Summers They Drop Like Flies/the whole 'Live at Meredith' CD

Can ~ Halleluwah

Neu! ~ Hallogallo

Metallica ~ For Whom the Bell Tolls

Lo Fidelity Allstars ~ Battleflag

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ~ Straight to You

Smog ~ Vessel in Vain

• Upvote 1