aberdeen-music

Pedal repairs/pedal building???

Tav has been looking into pedal building, as have I, but i doubt i could fix anything (unless it was a simple fault) and i have no idea how good Tav is

RnB is worth a try, not sure how much they actually know about pedal building other than simple fixes...

David

Hello! Yeah I am still yet to build but I have done heaps of research into the craft. I recently finished school and started work so I should have the time/money to start in the next few weeks. I may <small chance here> be able to help you with your pedal depending on what make/model it is and what the problem is...just like David if it's simple and I can get schematics. As for building pedals what are you looking for?

Guest DustyDeviada

My old Zoom 1010 multi fx pedal gave up the ghost a few years ago. The problem seemed to be a ropey power input socket - it had been a bit wobbly for a while. If anyone thinks that they could fix it for a sensible price (say 10-15) then I'd be interested in getting it done, as I had a few good patches on there.

My old Zoom 1010 multi fx pedal gave up the ghost a few years ago. The problem seemed to be a ropey power input socket - it had been a bit wobbly for a while. If anyone thinks that they could fix it for a sensible price (say 10-15) then I'd be interested in getting it done' date=' as I had a few good patches on there.[/quote']

if the power socket is the problem it *should* be simple enough to replace it, though i am guessing its a pcb mounted one which would make it slightly harder (though still doable)

David

Yeah has David said above. Whilst we are on the pedal subject...has anyone seen any schematics/info on build powered pedal boards. I'd like to try and make a pedal that allowed each pedal to be plugged into the board in parallel, this is a good way of keeping your tone good and not loosing anything in long chains. I was hoping there would be something to give me some pointers...even effects loop circuits from amps would be a start.

My old Zoom 1010 multi fx pedal gave up the ghost a few years ago. The problem seemed to be a ropey power input socket - it had been a bit wobbly for a while. If anyone thinks that they could fix it for a sensible price (say 10-15) then I'd be interested in getting it done' date=' as I had a few good patches on there.[/quote']

argh my zoom is a piece of shit and the input and output jacks are shit and have needed multiple repairs and done get me started on the power thingy.

anyone wanna buy it just out of curiosity?

cheap as if you want a cheap laugh/toy.

Hi,

I'm wanting to get one of the old mxr pedals built. I have diagrams and everything, although a friend is maybe helping me now.

The pedal repair is for a small firm distortion pedal (no diagrams). It takes 6 weeks to send it away and get back, which I'm not willing to do since I've had to send it back once. The problem is the tone/distortion knob (there's only one knob). It doesn't seem to change much at all (0 to 1 it's silent, 2 to 10 it gives the same fuzz etc). It's annoying. I use the gain on my amp to change the amount of fuzz at the moment, but that is just a short term measure.

Can anyone help?

Small firm, is that the name of the manufacturer or do you mean they are a small firm? Do they have a website? Could be the potentiometer which the knob is connected to. This is a resistor which controls the amount of gain and therefore distortion the pedal produces...any other ideas anyone/David?

it sounds like the pot that controls the tone/gain may have a problem. pot wearing out on pedals are rare though (well apaqrt from wahs) as pots usually have lifespans of thousands of rotations, so im not completely sure

tav, what is it exactly you are wanting to do for the pedalboard? have every pedal wired in parrallel instead of series like normal? im not sure how good that would sound though, as pedals affecting each other can give some cool sounds.

wiring up something like a looper (www.loooper.com) to work in parrallel should be simple enough...

David

I mean they are a small firm. They're called Effector 13.

The pedal was shipped to me originally faulty, so I had to send it back straight away (this took in total 15-16 weeks for production and then repair to the fault).

It's had this knob problem since I got it, so the pot hasn't worn out from use.

You can see why I don't want to have to send it back again. It has a great sound I just wish I had the control.

What do you think I should do?

I mean they are a small firm. They're called Effector 13.

The pedal was shipped to me originally faulty' date=' so I had to send it back straight away (this took in total 15-16 weeks for production and then repair to the fault).

It's had this knob problem since I got it, so the pot hasn't worn out from use.

You can see why I don't want to have to send it back again. It has a great sound I just wish I had the control.

What do you think I should do?[/quote']

which E13 pedal is it?

im actually rather surprised that its playing up, especially for a second time, E13 make some excellent quality stuff (i really want to get a mini booster)

shoot them an email and see what they say, they should fix it again or hopefully replace it... cause i havent heard of any other problems with their pedals, so there might be a few problems with your one. the guy that runs it is a top bloke though, and shoutd be willing to help out

as a quick check, open it up and have a look inside, see if you can spot any loose wires, or any components that are loose or look burnt out or anything unusuall, and try replacing the battery with a fresh one or using it with a power supply. dieing batterys can sometime give some odd effects with pedals

David

argh my zoom is a piece of shit and the input and output jacks are shit and have needed multiple repairs and done get me started on the power thingy.

what pedal is it? and how much? it could be fun to make noise with :D

David

Guest DustyDeviada

So where did you get it repaired?

Guest stuartmaxwell

It's had this knob problem since I got it

What do you think I should do?

dear dierdrie says:

Hi Al, this is common with many men, the main stumbling block is the mental approach you take, phone my advice line today for ways in which you can improve the situation

which E13 pedal is it?

im actually rather surprised that its playing up' date=' especially for a second time, E13 make some excellent quality stuff (i really want to get a mini booster)

shoot them an email and see what they say, they should fix it again or hopefully replace it... cause i havent heard of any other problems with their pedals, so there might be a few problems with your one. the guy that runs it is a top bloke though, and shoutd be willing to help out

as a quick check, open it up and have a look inside, see if you can spot any loose wires, or any components that are loose or look burnt out or anything unusuall, and try replacing the battery with a fresh one or using it with a power supply. dieing batterys can sometime give some odd effects with pedals

David[/quote']

It's a Dark Boost. I know about batteries, but I never use them as I have a Power Bank.

I found Tim a bit offish, after I said the pedal was faulty the first time. It took so long to repair after waiting the original 11 weeks for it to be built, hence why I asked on here first.

Damn.

dear dierdrie says:

Hi Al' date=' this is common with many men, the main stumbling block is the mental approach you take, phone my advice line today for ways in which you can improve the situation

09065423765[/quote']

Dear Stuart,

These homoerotic messages you post concerning me have to stop. I'm sad to see you still feel anguish, resentment and bitterness after I turned down your proposal. You're a great guy and all that, but I just don't go for men.

Sorry

Al

It's a Dark Boost. I know about batteries' date=' but I never use them as I have a Power Bank.

I found Tim a bit offish, after I said the pedal was faulty the first time. It took so long to repair after waiting the original 11 weeks for it to be built, hence why I asked on here first.

Damn.[/quote']

nice pedal (well when it works anyway)

it might be worth emailing him and asking what he thinks could be wrong and how you could go about fixing it yourself, then you may be able to repair it yourself or give it to someone local to fix

if you are lucky and its a fault with the pedal (not you dropping it and abusing it) you could try and get a replacement pedal, not sure if they willdo that, but you can only ask...

David

Guest stuartmaxwell
Dear Stuart' date='

These homoerotic messages you post concerning me have to stop. I'm sad to see you still feel anguish, resentment and bitterness after I turned down your proposal. You're a great guy and all that, but I just don't go for men.

Sorry

Al[/quote']

dear al,

im really sorry about that, i thought i just had to go for it because i had heard from so many people about how much of a poof you are. But thats cool, i have comfort in about 8 boxes of super soft kleenex "no more tears" hankies. Good luck in everything you do

stuart

nice pedal (well when it works anyway)

it might be worth emailing him and asking what he thinks could be wrong and how you could go about fixing it yourself' date=' then you may be able to repair it yourself or give it to someone local to fix

if you are lucky and its a fault with the pedal (not you dropping it and abusing it) you could try and get a replacement pedal, not sure if they willdo that, but you can only ask...

David[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for your time regarding this.