aberdeen-music

Fuck not playing Aberdeen...

Hog

Ok...we changed out mind. We played the Tunnels a couple of nights ago after some time off.

Fuck it, what's to be achieved by not playing locally?...and....what is to be achieved? I don't care!

We have a strong song...it's about the massacre in Beslan. We shall record soon.

By playing your home home-town too much, people will make less of an effort to come and see you, because they know you'll just be playing the next week, and the week after ect. If you make playing your home-town a rare occasion, people will make the effort to come out and see you, because they know it is a rare chance. Therefore, when you do play, busier gigs.

By playing your home home-town too much, people will make less of an effort to come and see you, because they know you'll just be playing the next week, and the week after ect. If you make playing your home-town a rare occasion, people will make the effort to come out and see you, because they know it is a rare chance. Therefore, when you do play, busier gigs.

That theory has a major hole in it... if you dont play home town gigs then often you dont play at all and you dont get the stage craft and well played edge, so no one will come and see you anyway... there are two sided to every coin.

i wouldnt say thats completely true, the more you play the more your name is out there the average punter wont pay much attention if they only see your name once every few months, if they see it more often they will eventually take an interest in what the name is for, thats what ive found anyway.

Yeah I agree with milner, if you don't play in Aberdeen regulary, nobody knows who the hell you are and they won't come to see you anyway....

Playing regulary (especially when starting out) gets your band name on posters, websites, flyers etc. and gets people to start recognising it and taking notice.

Play whenever you want, wherever you want and stop trying to draw up tedious music scene rules that just simply cannot apply to every single band in every single city. The type of gig that I assume is being talked about is always going to be about more than just one band. If the line up is good, people will come, even if you played 15 gigs in one day just 24 hours previous.

Play whenever you want, wherever you want and stop trying to draw up tedious music scene rules that just simply cannot apply to every single band in every single city. The type of gig that I assume is being talked about is always going to be about more than just one band. If the line up is good, people will come, even if you played 15 gigs in one day just 24 hours previous.

this pretty much should be the end of this thread.

No rules.

We just decided to start playing Aberdeen.

Regardless if we play a lot or very little we have always entertained the bar staff.

Thats cos yer shite.... play some country and western... and watch the audience grow, fuck musical integrity, be a whore and get popular.... :gringo:

Graeme, you have the perfect attitude. Has anyone tried blending Crunk with Country? There's an idea.

I don't really understand the underlying psychology behind this thread but yes Hog, play Aberdeen.

the more you play, the more people will hear you... if you're just starting out, play any and every gig you can! make contacts with promoters, booking guys, venues in general. if you're more established, be more selective of the gigs you play - ie if you're offered gigs regularly, consider the venue, bill, slot and calendar before agreeing to it, but dont turn it down 'cause its in aberdeen'.

Or is that just too sensible?

if you're just starting out

Element 106 aren't just starting out, they've been around since the late 70s. Although in that time they have had 106 line-up changes (hence the name), with Hog joining the band as a young apprentice in 1984, at the tender age of 43.

• Upvote 1

Element 106 aren't just starting out, they've been around since the late 70s. Although in that time they have had 106 line-up changes (hence the name), with Hog joining the band as a young apprentice in 1984, at the tender age of 43.

Yes I remember them from back then when they were young and enthusiastic....8-)

Hahahahaha i have wasted given you rep for something else!

Ok...we changed out mind. We played the Tunnels a couple of nights ago after some time off.

Fuck it, what's to be achieved by not playing locally?...and....what is to be achieved? I don't care!

We have a strong song...it's about the massacre in Beslan. We shall record soon.

I see a flaw in this... not got the hang of promotion huh?

In order to get people to come to your shows. Telling them BEFORE!!!!!!!! the event, might be a step forward.