aberdeen-music

Korova

Guest Bob

It is pretty good, got a decent sized dance floor in one arch, a shitload of sofa's and a shot bar in annother, and in the third bit is the bar... which seems to take forever to get served at when busy :down:

overall though, im really impressed, 2 a corona on fridays, and 1.70 jagerbombs :up:

Yeah it's really nice. Currently going through a few teething problems but everyone seems to be rating it really highly...

Nice and plush, good lighting. Sound is on its way to getting sorted I believe. Check it out. Fridays are strictly "rock and metal" and saturdays is more electronic stuff.

I was there on Friday

Much better than when the rock night was downstiars (ironically upstairs from this).

Much more spacious, has a few differnet areas although all with the same music. Didn't take too long to get served at bar (unlike previously when it was in other floor), the music was better than what I remember at other floor also but i've only been there once since it moved so too early to say. Also a good amount of seating and an ok dance floor.

Only bad thing is my friend managed to lose 3 pints after putting them down on 3 seperate ocasions and I managed to lose a jumper. I'm hoping the jumper will turn up again.

• 2 weeks later...

i went there for the first time on friday since it's moved.

i have to say, i absolutely hated it when it was on the second floor - music far too heavy and not varied enough for my tastes, and the people who went were so unbelievably cliquey. saying that, it probably got better as the night went on, but we'd always moved on by about half midnight because we felt uncomfortable.

it's much better where it is now, hell of a lot bigger, better music, heaps of different people! i don't feel like i get completely stared at/feel out of place anymore which is good. drinks are cheap, all in all, i'd definately go again :up:

i'd heard some complaints about the music previously.. too heavy, bit pish etc.

but then heard some praise for it more recently..

and then some complaints... :(

and then some praise.. :)

however i've not been yet..

due to my alligence with that place across the road.. :]

speaking of which.. i heard there's some free entry, guest dj stuff going on in Moshulu on Friday...

rockin

The top floor is Korova is good, the music is ace, the decor is really nice and it's got a nice relaxed atmosphere, great for just chilling out in, it's just laid out really weird. I know it's a strange shaped room, and small, but having the tables opposite the bar mean that if the queue for the bar is more than 2 deep, there isn't enough room for anyone to walk past, therefore one end of the bar is packed and the other end is empty cos no-one can get to it. Though that can't really be helped, the tables have to go somewhere. My only grumble about the top floor is that at the weekend the music is LOUD AS FUCK. Part of the reason I like it is cos it's quite relaxed and you can sit and have a chat but it gets silly loud at the weekend, especially for somehwere with no dancefloor. Why have the music so loud if people can't dance to it? People are generally in there to drink and chat, if they want to dance they'll go somewhere with a dancefloor. Turn the music down a bit and people might stick around longer. Have a quieter floor on top, rock in the middle and blaring dance on the bottom. Everyone's happy.

I'm not so keen on the middle floor, the music is fairly wank (this Saturday appeared to be 100% screamo), and not wanting to cast aspersions on legality, but much of the clientele is remarkably fresh faced... well I say fresh faced, I mean covered in acne. It's like being at a My Chemical Romance gig, if they played on the top of the St Nicholas Centre on a Saturday afternoon. One or two young looking people you can put down to them being over 18 and just looking younger, but when 50% of the bar appears to be under 18 I would start asking just how stringent the bouncers are with their ID checking.

Anyway, Korova is alright from what I've seen of it. Haven't checked out the bottom floor yet but I mind it being quite roomy from when I used to drink in Escobar.

I'm not so keen on the middle floor, the music is fairly wank (this Saturday appeared to be 100% screamo), and not wanting to cast aspersions on legality, but much of the clientele is remarkably fresh faced... well I say fresh faced, I mean covered in acne. It's like being at a My Chemical Romance gig, if they played on the top of the St Nicholas Centre on a Saturday afternoon. One or two young looking people you can put down to them being over 18 and just looking younger, but when 50% of the bar appears to be under 18 I would start asking just how stringent the bouncers are with their ID checking.

Ben Weapon Djing would explain the music (however not screamo at all, dont make me go fourfa)

As far as ID'ing I saw a fair few folk getting ID'd when I was there my brother and all his mates for one.

Ben Weapon Djing would explain the music (however not screamo at all, dont make me go fourfa)

As far as ID'ing I saw a fair few folk getting ID'd when I was there my brother and all his mates for one.

I've only been in 3 or 4 times at the weekend, but every time the Rock thing has been going on there was an affa lot of young folk on the middle floor, and standing outside smoking. Not that it put me off my pint any like, apart from being overwhelmed by the smell of Clearasil, it was more an observation than a criticism. I don't really care who they let in, as long as they behave themselves.