aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

He sounds like he is turning from a tree hugger into a "scene receptacle" now' date=' christ he'll be writing about mass bukkake sessions with Black Atom and some fisty gangbangs with My Minds Weapon by the end of the year...hell, i wouldn't be surprised if Neil Ex writes about receiving golden showers from Mr Onz anytime soon either...

He loves the scene that much!

He should get his own forum too called "The Youse Land"[/quote']

wouldn't you like to know what i get up to and with who!! :angel:

i already asked neil about 15 times at moshulu one night when i was tanked if i could get my own forum and can you beleive he said no every time hehe?! it's cool though, cause he knows that i was only joking and we're mates anyway.

'The Youse Land'. i think neil just couldn't afford to keep the site going if it existed, and although it would be cool it would probably be more beneficial, i'll admit, to have the music, feedback, musicians corner, gig listing forums etc. the wasteland is the best though, and the most important to me. we did talk about those things and neil said it'd be cool for me to post about whatever there.

i always enjoy getting stoned with phat tom. you probably don't know why he's known as 'phat tom' in the scene, but one of the reasons is when he's rolling a j, it's always a phat one hehe. i always try and call '2s-up' before anyone when i'm in a group with tom and he's rollin' a bifta!

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
wouldn't you like to know what i get up to and with who!! :angel:

Of course i would! Everyone would! Its the sceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeene maaaaaaaaaaaan' date=' in fact you should start your own blog called "The Sceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeene Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeakssssssssss!!!!" and detail every piece of sceneyness and scenology you encountered every single day and resurrect the cult of threads that once infected these boards like..

"GUESS WHICH BAND MEMBERS I SAW IN BELMONT STREET TODAY!"

and

"WHICH WASTELANDERS I MET TODAY IN ONE UP"

i already asked neil about 15 times at moshulu one night when i was tanked if i could get my own forum and can you beleive he said no every time hehe?! it's cool though, cause he knows that i was only joking and we're mates anyway.

Start your own company, called something "Anorexic Hippy Records", and advertise it on this site and then demand to have "The Youse Land" registered as a forum, Neil couldn't say No then.

'The Youse Land'. i think neil just couldn't afford to keep the site going if it existed, and although it would be cool it would probably be more beneficial, i'll admit, to have the music, feedback, musicians corner, gig listing forums etc. the wasteland is the best though, and the most important to me. we did talk about those things and neil said it'd be cool for me to post about whatever there.

So you have carte blanche to post whatever you want there?

This new laissez faire attitude of Neil's is odd, maybe he is working with Pete Townsend on a "book"... 8o

• 9 years later...

This is worth reading again:

My Minds Weapon are just another band surfing on a transitory trend that will be probably be unfashionable by next year, i have seen it so many times before.

You get a niche thats "in" at the moment i.e emo and trendy bands that the kids are into i.e Funeral For A Friend and if you think about it, there are probably thousands of unsigned bands in the UK at the moment who are playing that same kind of music, just like when Oasis was big there were shitloads of indie bands around and when Limp Bizkit were around there were loads of nu metal bands and when Nirvana was around there were loads of grunge bands...

Its just trendhopping and it happens all the time in the local music scene here, do you honestly think that an A&R man is going to come up to Aberdeen to sign an emo band when the market for such bands is probably already saturated with countless similar-soundalike acts?

And what sets My Minds Weapon apart from any emo band anywhere else? what makes them more unique and interesting than other emo bands in the whole of the UK or in Ireland?...

But to be honest, from what i have heard about them, i doubt they're going to be any bigger than what they are or what they think they're gonna be because they're going to be seen as just another emo band doing the rounds, a record company isn't looking for another emo band if the market is already saturated with such bands, they're looking for something to exploit as their next niche market so they can create a trend to exploit to the consumer...

The guy Ben was so committed to the band he left to join another more well known one I seem to recall.

I'm pretty sure he just left. He joined Cleric (which he's also now left). He was working for Korova but he's disappeared off my radar completely now, so I've no idea if he's still there or not. Ben was always a pretty sound guy in my opinion and his online persona was nothing like how he was in real life.

I'm pretty sure that MMW continued briefly without him but then just wound down. I actually though MMW were pretty decent as far as local bands go. They had an album out that was pretty well received by Rock Sound/Kerrang etc, toured quite regularly. They just didn't really make that next step I guess.

It's funny, cause I actually miss the in-fighting and shit stirring from this era.

• Upvote 2

Phil said something about Ben?

Apparently he was spreading rumours saying this,

I'm pretty sure he just left. He joined Cleric (which he's also now left)

I just cant imagine what must have been going through phils head to make up such rubbish, everyone knows Ben never left MMW, the band left him.