aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest tv tanned

18th september @the moorings

GILMAN STREET-they're total pish' date=' i wouldnt bother if i were you.

[/quote']

That's an interesting selling point.

I might check them out...

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
Could this possibly be an all-time low for the non-musical thorns in the side of aberdeen-music.com? I think so...

I couldn't possibly comment, i ain't bought your CD yet... ;)

who really cares what a band puts in their bio? obviously its just words put together to try and grab interest for the band.

i can imagine it now

18th september @the moorings

You imagined 18th September at The Moorings?. Thats amazing' date=' can you imagine the Lottery numbers this weekend for us Mystic Aaron? ;)

really? is that what you want weapon to do?

Stop talking self-congratulatory and largely unproven drivel about themselves and concentrate on making their music and letting their music do their talking for them instead?

besides maxwell are you not always goin on about how "no-one pushes themselves past aberdeen, my band played here there blah blah" then when a band does try and expand it self, you have a go at them for doing this?

What are they doing to expand themselves exactly? are they eating more fast food and fry-ups and doing less exercise?

i mean im not the biggest fan of MMw's (sorry if i got the cases wrong) music, but i'd wish them the best of luck in whatever projects they're taking on, whether or not i'd personally use the words they do to promote their band. afterall it could lead to a lil bit of exposure to this shitty town

My Minds Weapon are just another band surfing on a transitory trend that will be probably be unfashionable by next year, i have seen it so many times before.

You get a niche thats "in" at the moment i.e emo and trendy bands that the kids are into i.e Funeral For A Friend and if you think about it, there are probably thousands of unsigned bands in the UK at the moment who are playing that same kind of music, just like when Oasis was big there were shitloads of indie bands around and when Limp Bizkit were around there were loads of nu metal bands and when Nirvana was around there were loads of grunge bands...

Its just trendhopping and it happens all the time in the local music scene here, do you honestly think that an A&R man is going to come up to Aberdeen to sign an emo band when the market for such bands is probably already saturated with countless similar-soundalike acts?

And what sets My Minds Weapon apart from any emo band anywhere else? what makes them more unique and interesting than other emo bands in the whole of the UK or in Ireland?...

But to be honest, from what i have heard about them, i doubt they're going to be any bigger than what they are or what they think they're gonna be because they're going to be seen as just another emo band doing the rounds, a record company isn't looking for another emo band if the market is already saturated with such bands, they're looking for something to exploit as their next niche market so they can create a trend to exploit to the consumer...

I wish MMW all the best with what they're doing and even though i think their attitude towards people who dare to criticise them deserves nothing but ridicule at times and i think they'd do well to get a manager to speak for them or handle their press for them because some of their comments are just cringeworthy and wouldn't go down well in any music publication if they ever get interviewed by someone.

Its akin to ramming the music down people's throats, as i have noticed from other posts, its like anyone who gives MMW anything other than adulation is met with a lot of disdain and bullish arrogance. I don't know what Maxwell's thoughts are with regard to them but i think MMW just turn themselves into clowns everytime they say something, i have no problem with them or their pals defending the band and the music but if you don't want to have any criticism, don't play gigs or don't put out records and furthermore, if you want to talk yourselves up to be this great band with great prospects then fine, all anyone is asking you is to prove it...if you want to take that as a slagging Jamesy then fine and dandio squire, most of my posts on this thread are blatant wind-ups and i will put my hand up and admit that, but you're doing yourself and the band no favours if you want to take MMW onto another level with all this churlish crap you and Ben had a penchant for posting about the band.

Nothing wrong with being confident about what you're doing or having confidence in your abilities or skills or whatever but i think being presumptuous and cocky when you've not been going for too long especially when you've achieved nothing notable at the moment as well as thinking you're better than other bands.

You're both a bit hypocritical in the sense that both you Jamesy and you Ben(if you're reading this) have openly slagged off other bands on these boards before yet MMW are trying to come across as victims on this thread and in others when someone takes issue to your music....why is their one rule for MMW and another rule for others?

If you can't take a slagging, don't dish them out, simple philosophy, simple fact.

Look at it in the long run, what happens when you go elsewhere and crowds don't take too well to your music? are you gonna offer them out for a fight and call them a bunch of "fucking chuckleheads who can't get girlfriends"?, you gonna say the same about a journalist who gives you a bad review?. Just face the facts that not everyone is gonna like what you do.

I would rather MMW picked up the gauntlet thrown before them and go into the studio and just work hard to fucking knocking out a decent piece of rock music instead of talking themselves up to such absurd proportions and prove people like me and Maxwell and anyone else who has had a go at them wrong.

And one more thing MMW, good luck with whatever you do, i look forward to you making me eat my words someday...the music matters more than the attitude.

Guest stuartmaxwell

where have i slagged em off, i have just been stirring up shit :p

mr gilman

i do have a go at bands for not playing aberdeen, i dont however brag at about anything i have done because i havent actually done anything.

im not knocking weapon, i liked their older emo stuff but i think the new stuff (bar one song) is pretty poor,

i do have a go at bands for not playing aberdeen

Why would you do something so cruel and sadistic?

Having a go at bands for not playing Aberdeen?

Thats pretty evil shit Stu, you must really hate those bands by telling them to come visit Aberdeen ;)

Guest WalkingOnGlass

You've dug up a 3-4 month old thread..MMw have been practically invisible from this site, with the exception of Ben, since this thread was started, but hey, it would seem that even though people admit their mistakes, that you'll dwell on them for months on end, surely the hype we created months upon months ago has faded and we should just be allowed to keep ourselves to ourselves, as we're trying to do, and concentrate on growing as a band...We have no problems with anyone, so y'know, might be time to leave the past behind...

Mr Rennie, since you obviously have little idea of MMw musically, unless 'emo' is a term that refers to pretty fucking heavy rock music, I'll ask you to attend Moshulu on Sept 26th..You might not like what we're doing, but you'll realise that you've been more than a tad naive...The MMw of today is musically a completely different band to that of which naively over-hyped themselves all of a year ago..

You've dug up a 3-4 month old thread..MMw have been practically invisible from this site' date=' with the exception of Ben, since this thread was started, but hey, it would seem that even though people admit their mistakes, that you'll dwell on them for months on end[/quote']

I only dwelled upon this thread for three days though Houdini :?

surely the hype we created months upon months ago has faded and we should just be allowed to keep ourselves to ourselves, as we're trying to do, and concentrate on growing as a band

Whys that squire? ain't the band tall enough yet?

Mr Rennie, since you obviously have little idea of MMw musically, unless 'emo' is a term that refers to pretty fucking heavy rock music, I'll ask you to attend Moshulu on Sept 26th..You might not like what we're doing, but you'll realise that you've been more than a tad naive...The MMw of today is musically a completely different band to that of which naively over-hyped themselves all of a year ago..

Completely different band now eh? MMW turned into a freestyle jazz band or a prog rock musical ensemble now? ;)

Besides, like myself and Maxwell said, it was a wind-up, the link to the thread was passed onto me a few days ago and i read through it, i thought it was pretty amusing reading...

Nothing more, nothing less...

Anyway Jamesy, thanks for the offer of coming to the gig, will let you know nearer the time cos you've intrigued me now...

If i can't attend, you got MP3s or any tracks you can burn onto a CD to hear MMW for myself?...

This in haste,

Mr Rennie

Guest stuartmaxwell
Why would you do something so cruel and sadistic?

Having a go at bands for not playing Aberdeen?

Thats pretty evil shit Stu' date=' you must really hate those bands by telling them to come visit Aberdeen ;)[/quote']

i actually meant bands not trying to get out of aberdeen, but reel off stupid bios etc saying how they are aspiring for greater things etc etc :dunce:

i dont actually care mind you, but too many lazy bands seem to think they are hard done by

mmw arent lazy it seems, and they have been playing out of town a lot,

and mr munch-you are a pedantic cunt ;):p

you coming to drakes on friday next week?senator, alamos, deadloss and masamune, great line up!!!see my other threads for mp3s

and mr munch-you are a pedantic cunt ;):p

:laughing: One does his best' date=' the pedantry is mightier than the sword sometimes.

you coming to drakes on friday next week?senator, alamos, deadloss and masamune, great line up!!!see my other threads for mp3s

Ain't seen the mighty Masamune or Deadloss in a while, i think i may attend that actually.

" From all the fucking chuckleheads on here that cant get a girlfriend let alone a decent' date=' good band with prospects (like RL and MMw) "

[/quote']

that's funny because benjamin presumed i didn't have a girlfriend when i passed comment on some MMW mp3s, and he was right. i didn't get too upset about that but when he slagged off my job he crossed the line.

that's funny because benjamin presumed i didn't have a girlfriend when i passed comment on some MMW mp3s' date=' and he was right. i didn't get too upset about that but when he slagged off my job he crossed the line.[/quote']

Let it go Mr. Ex, that was almost a year ago now ;)

Just remember that way back then you were what Ben deems a "fucking chucklehead" who didn't have a girlfriend and that you also had a job that Ben found inferior...i don't know what your current love life or employment situations are now but MMW are apparently a different band these days so perhaps your response to their music might leave a more benign response to yourself this time...like you merely might just be called a "chucklehead" and not a "fucking chucklehead" for example.

Now leave MMW to their invisibility...they just want to be left alone, months ago supposedly.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Cant Aberdeen bands try and help one another out instead of this rivalry or snobbery that goes on instead? After all we're all in the same boat are we not??

No, we most certainly are not in the same boat. Why should bands help each other just because they happen to live in the same town? I am interested in maybe 5 "local" bands, if that, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about the rest of them as what they want is totally different to what I want. For example, say an emo band was from round here, right? I fucking detest emo and have no interest in supporting something I've no time for. Just because they'd be local doesn't mean a band automatically deserves the time of day.

No' date=' we most certainly are not in the same boat. Why should bands help each other just because they happen to live in the same town? I am interested in maybe 5 "local" bands, if that, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about the rest of them as what they want is totally different to what I want. For example, say an emo band was from round here, right? I fucking detest emo and have no interest in supporting something I've no time for. Just because they'd be local doesn't mean a band automatically deserves the time of day.[/quote']

I am glad you picked up on this point because i see this same fucking false sanctimony being said by people in bands over and over again on these boards, going on about supporting each other and helping each other out, something tells me that these whining bastards probably still ask their mummies to hold their hands when they cross the fucking road and are probably platinum card-carrying members of the Tufty Club.

I am sure a pop punk act like Gilman Street or Point Of Origin don't give a fuck about what an indie type band like The Score or The Wildcards are doing, i am sure Bonesaw don't give a fuck about what The Kitchen Cynics are doing and i am certain that anything Ian Simpson does doesn't in any way remotely interest the likes of My Minds Weapon and i doubt The X-Certs are big fans of the Data Thieves, i doubt Black Atom are lovers of Hookers Green's music and i am almost 100% certain that Politik probably aren't in any way interested in the kind of music Five Finger Discount are writing either so why the fuck should every band support each other if they honestly couldn't give a floating fuck about one another's music and are only interested in making the best out of their own music and live performances?

Let it go Mr. Ex' date=' that was almost a year ago now ;)

Just remember that way back then you were what Ben deems a "fucking chucklehead" who didn't have a girlfriend and that you also had a job that Ben found inferior...i don't know what your current love life or employment situations are now but MMW are apparently a different band these days so perhaps your response to their music might leave a more benign response to yourself this time...like you merely might just be called a "chucklehead" and not a "fucking chucklehead" for example.

Now leave MMW to their invisibility...they just want to be left alone, months ago supposedly.[/quote']

MMW have been together almost a year? jeeeez!

i'll try and make more of an effort to keep the site and the scene up to date with my current love life and how many boys and gals i sleep with, just like lester burnham. i've been a bit busy lately looking for some action you see?!

hopefully one day the guys from MMW will find me just a 'chuckle' and not just this person with a chuckle problem.

hehehehehee

No' date=' we most certainly are not in the same boat. Why should bands help each other just because they happen to live in the same town? I am interested in maybe 5 "local" bands, if that, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about the rest of them as what they want is totally different to what I want. For example, say an emo band was from round here, right? I fucking detest emo and have no interest in supporting something I've no time for. Just because they'd be local doesn't mean a band automatically deserves the time of day.[/quote']

Great way of thinking that.

Makes you wonder why we have such a shit attitude in our music scene. If only everyone thought like that we'd all be so much better off!!!

hmmmmm

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Great way of thinking that.

Makes you wonder why we have such a shit attitude in our music scene. If only everyone thought like that we'd all be so much better off!!!

Well, at least there would be a LOT more honesty involved. How could that be a bad thing? Saying all the bands should stick together is like saying all human beings should stick together. Shit attitude in our scene? I can't say I've noticed, unless you mean there's too much bitching. I think that makes it all the healthier, personally, because you know where you stand. This is the real world, after all.

MMW have been together almost a year? jeeeez!

i'll try and make more of an effort to keep the site and the scene up to date with my current love life and how many boys and gals i sleep with' date=' just like lester burnham. i've been a bit busy lately looking for some action you see?!

hopefully one day the guys from MMW will find me just a 'chuckle' and not just this person with a chuckle problem.

hehehehehee[/quote']

I look forward to reading to your daily forays and sojourns and into the Aberdeen Music Scene as well as your sexual trysts with various band members on these boards soon.

I think you should also make sure to remember to write at least one thread a week entitled "MOSHULU LAST NIGHT" and note down every single member of this messageboard you met and how many "scene points" you managed to score in terms of recognition and emphasise exactly how drunk you get and with how much aplomb you managed to "make a right ass of yourself".

I look forward to reading to your daily forays and sojourns and into the Aberdeen Music Scene as well as your sexual trysts with various band members on these boards soon.

I think you should also make sure to remember to write at least one thread a week entitled "MOSHULU LAST NIGHT" and note down every single member of this messageboard you met and how many "scene points" you managed to score in terms of recognition and emphasise exactly how drunk you get and with how much aplomb you managed to "make a right ass of yourself".

well apparently i tried to get into moshulu for air guitar last night but i was too smashed. my mate said i hugged the bouncer haha! it was mental, i had 4 beers, a half bottle of vodka, a heap of cider all to myself before we even went out, had a few joints aswell, then i had a couple of pints and a double vodka and coke in the student union, then we went to moshulu. all i remember was waking up on windmill brae with a pink scarf around my neck and a plastic carrier bag over my head with 'smashed again' written on it! damn fucking right! i was meant to be working at 9 this morning but didn't get in unil 11:20! it's ashame really because i was up for some crazy assed air guitar!

i can't remember meeting any new board members last night but i was pretty trashed! i seemed to know most people in the bassment though.

oh and come on, i'm not that obssesed with sex! :angel:

well apparently i tried to get into moshulu for air guitar last night but i was too smashed. my mate said i hugged the bouncer haha!

Fucking hell man! thats rebellious! bouncers are like failed security guards! why haven't you written this in a thread yet? you could've discussed this for about twelve pages by now!

it was mental' date=' i had 4 beers, a half bottle of vodka, a heap of cider all to myself before we even went out, had a few joints aswell, then i had a couple of pints and a double vodka and coke in the student union, then we went to moshulu.[/quote']

Were there any more drugs smoked when the decision to go to Moshulu was made?. You should write a thread about how drunk and stoned you got!

all i remember was waking up on windmill brae with a pink scarf around my neck and a plastic carrier bag over my head with 'smashed again' written on it! damn fucking right! i was meant to be working at 9 this morning but didn't get in unil 11:20! it's ashame really because i was up for some crazy assed air guitar!

Thats so emo its not emo! You were wearing a scarf but you were up for some air guitar! Thats crazy! Write a thread about it!

i can't remember meeting any new board members last night but i was pretty trashed! i seemed to know most people in the bassment though.

You see, if you were any kind of self-obsessed, self-important, self-publicising and self-congratulatory scene-straddling groupie, you should've at least wrote four threads about yourself by now!

oh and come on, i'm not that obssesed with sex! :angel:

You don't have to obsessed about that! You have to be obsessed with yourself so you can write endless threads discussing all the various crazily fun things that make your life sound better than everyone else's because the non-existent Aberdeen Music Scene knows what your name is....

In fact, i think we should a sing to commemorate all those people on this board who love to be recognised....

Its the theme tune for the hit U.S sitcom Cheers starring Ted Danson but i think it applies to the denizens of Moshulu...

NOW SING IT WITH ME EVERYONE!(lyrics below)....

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.

Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see,

our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name.

You wanna go where people know,

people are all the same,

You wanna go where everybody knows

your name.

Can't you feel the emo-ness in the room now?...

ah bless neil ex

a tree hugger indeed

He sounds like he is turning from a tree hugger into a "scene receptacle" now, christ he'll be writing about mass bukkake sessions with Black Atom and some fisty gangbangs with My Minds Weapon by the end of the year...hell, i wouldn't be surprised if Neil Ex writes about receiving golden showers from Mr Onz anytime soon either...

He loves the scene that much!

He should get his own forum too called "The Youse Land"