aberdeen-music

is lucifer at fault?

Guest stuartmaxwell

What a waste of reading that was.

For god sakes can we just stop slagging off each others bands all the time?

Why do things always come back to "oh your band is shit" or something similar to that?

If Ben and chris dont get on so well fair enough but it always comes back to the same shit.

Cant Aberdeen bands try and help one another out instead of this rivalry or snobbery that goes on instead? After all we're all in the same boat are we not??

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch
What a waste of reading that was.

For god sakes can we just stop slagging off each others bands all the time?

Why do things always come back to "oh your band is shit" or something similar to that?

If Ben and chris dont get on so well fair enough but it always comes back to the same shit.

Cant Aberdeen bands try and help one another out instead of this rivalry or snobbery that goes on instead? After all we're all in the same boat are we not??

You're all in the same rubber ring rather than boat, drowning and choking on the copious amounts of self-publicising, self-congratulatory bullshit you all just love to talk about yourselves from day-to-day on these boards...

Maybe you all ought to try quit with the fucking whining and concentrate on making the music you say is "your life" more...

And then maybe you will all have the right to come back here and brag about your tours and your CD sales and publicity...

You're all in the same rubber ring rather than boat' date=' drowning and choking on the copious amounts of self-publicising, self-congratulatory bullshit you all just love to talk about yourselves from day-to-day on these boards...

Maybe you all ought to try quit with the fucking whining and concentrate on making the music you say is "your life" more...

And then maybe you will all have the right to come back here and brag about your tours and your CD sales and publicity...[/quote']

Wait a sec!!

I'm not in Weapon and i havent bragged about anything to do with Point man.

Wait a sec!!

I'm not in Weapon and i havent bragged about anything to do with Point man.

I was talking to everyone in bands here, i was merely relating to your post.

I reckon people should concentrate more on improving their music than bitching and whining about each other's music on these messageboards.

Guest stuartmaxwell

I reckon people should concentrate more on improving their music than bitching and whining about each other's music on these messageboards.

but its fun to watch them poke at everyone elses music but themselves

plus most are blind and think that their band is great

but teh funny thing is most are too scared to say it on here in case they get slagged off, then they are found saying "i dont care what people think etc"

cheating themselves mes thinks

I agree 100%, which is why my online presense (here) has been curtailed somewhat recently, mainly because I better things to do now that RL are moving up a gear. Recording next week - brace yourselves world!

:band:

I agree 100%' date=' which is why my online presense (here) has been curtailed somewhat recently, mainly because I better things to do now that RL are moving up a gear. Recording next week - brace yourselves world!

:band:[/quote']

I look forward to hearing what you lot come up with, still yet to see the band play, sure i will catch one of RL's shows at some point.

I must get back into reviewing stuff again, its been a while.

but its fun to watch them poke at everyone elses music but themselves

plus most are blind and think that their band is great

but teh funny thing is most are too scared to say it on here in case they get slagged off' date=' then they are found saying "i dont care what people think etc"

cheating themselves mes thinks[/quote']

Its pride and bravado going together in tandem, i think a band ought to prove their worth by the music they play rather than the hype they receive, no amount of hyperbole and the supposed publicity bands think they get via the amount of threads about them on these boards means fuck all, all that shit detracts from the quality of the music and stage performance and ultimately will affect their publicity in the long run if they can't back up their boasts.

The way i see it, if a band like MMW want to go down that road then let them, they'll only end up shooting themselves in the foot if they can't live up to the hype.

Its all very well talking the talk but its fruitless if you don't put in the work to make your music the very fucking best it can be, not that i am saying MMW aren't a hard-working band, and i think trying to rely solely on hype to cement your reputation as a "good band" doesn't do the band or anyone interested in the band any favours at all, its the hard work that goes into the music that will truly help the band receive the right kind of hype they will deserve if they can prove themselves to be something thats worth talking about or writing about.

And as the great Chuck D and Public Enemy wisely once said..."Don't believe the hype".

" From all the fucking chuckleheads on here that cant get a girlfriend let alone a decent' date=' good band with prospects (like RL and MMw) "

thats no way to talk about your fans :moody:[/quote']

Hold on, i missed that comment from that wise old optimist Benjamin...

Maybe those "fucking chuckleheads" he talks about are unlucky to not be able to get a girlfriend but are they as equally unlucky to get a band like MMW?, I wouldn't wish that double helping of unluckiness on my worst enemy ;) by the way, who said MMW were a "good decent band" as well? i presume it must be all that publicity MMW Benjamin was eluding to in his post before..., i really should read the NME, Mojo, Q, Kerrang and Rolling Stone more i guess :rolleyes:

And which prospects have MMW have got exactly? are they going to be headlining festivals and selling out stadiums or something yet? do they have a lucrative recording contract from a major record label ready to be signed? do they have a fanbase that stretches all over the world? what are these prospects Ben is going on about exactly?

Its just a shame Benjamin ain't around to answer these questions...i actually miss arguing with Emoboy now :(

Weapon have never said anything as pompous and overblown as what that guy has said...how can people constantly lie to themselves...

Well, tell me whats more pompous and overblown than lines like...

"If music was life, this is what it would sound like"....

What kind of life would that be exactly?, an aborted foetus' life?, a mayfly's life maybe?

I don't know how people can honestly lie to themselves either mate..."a good band with prospects"...keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Could this possibly be an all-time low for the non-musical thorns in the side of aberdeen-music.com? I think so...

That's all I'll add...But things are going swell...Writing is happening constantly and friends in higher places that Aberdeen are being made. Recording again next month, same place, same deal, but no release..Just better quality edof recording and better songs...Anyways, we'll see where we all are in a year, fingers crossed...

take care, let the slagging commence once more

Jamesy x

this thread is bawz.

who really cares what a band puts in their bio? obviously its just words put together to try and grab interest for the band. if you're gonna complain about that, then fuck it dont flyer or anything like that.

i can imagine it now

18th september @the moorings

GILMAN STREET-they're total pish, i wouldnt bother if i were you.

really? is that what you want weapon to do?

i think you should stop being so anal.

besides maxwell are you not always goin on about how "no-one pushes themselves past aberdeen, my band played here there blah blah" then when a band does try and expand it self, you have a go at them for doing this?

i mean im not the biggest fan of MMw's (sorry if i got the cases wrong) music, but i'd wish them the best of luck in whatever projects they're taking on, whether or not i'd personally use the words they do to promote their band. afterall it could lead to a lil bit of exposure to this shitty town, mind you apperently there are no ( or relatively little ) good bands here aye maxi?

Guest tv tanned

I really fail to see why this sectarian 'musicians and non-musicians' bullshit enters into it.

I don't see professional musicians insulting music journalists based on the fact that 'they don't have a band'.